Plugin Contributions

Default Don't know where to start - Google Wallet or Amazon FPS for recurring billing

Hi everyone,

My new business:
    Web design and web hosting

I will need to charge a one time fee (larger than the recurring billing) for the web design and then a monthly recurring fee for the hosting charge.

I don't want to use an actual merchant account (no Authorize Net please) and I don't want to use PayPal. I've had terrible past experiences.

My initial plan was to use Amazon FPS (simple pay), but am having a hard time integrating a one time larger charge with a smaller monthly recurring fee. I tried to use the Amazon Checkouts module plugin but Amazon has told me that Amazon Checkout is only for physical / tangible products. Which leaves me with only the option of FPS / Simple Pay, but there is no automatic plugin module for Zen for this that I'm aware of. I also still can't figure out the best way to use it to charge a one time larger fee and a smaller monthly recurring fee.

I was recently looking into using Google Wallet, but I'm not sure how to integrate this into Zen to handle recurring payments.

Should I just forego the plug and play modules and tear apart the php files?

Any ideas or advice?

Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Don't know where to start - Google Wallet or Amazon FPS for recurring billing

I know you said you don't want to do this, but you really just need a merchant account. I use Plug n Pay with Mercury Payment Systems - works out really well once I rewrote part of the API. They're cheap, too. If you're still looking for something (I know it's a year later), PM me and I'll hook you up.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Don't know where to start - Google Wallet or Amazon FPS for recurring billing

Amazon just announced that Amazon Payments will work for payment processing, at about the same fees as Paypal. There's no API for Zencart yet, but you can add your name to the list requesting one.