Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2CheckOut with Zen 1.3.0.2 Released

Hi there,

well i haven't buy the 2co account yet but i was thinking of using 2co as for my cart gateway. So, i have download the module from your place & i'm thinking of that i could of install the 2co module first instead of buying the account first since i haven done all my stock up to date. I was following the installation from the readme file until the 2nd part that it say + Run the database_update.sql file so i go into the mysql control centre to run it but unfortunately it came out :

"ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `return_md5` t"

so i can't get to update the update_database.sql file. Is there anything i have done wrong or i need to do something on the setting or do i need to buy the gateway account first on the 2co only that i can make the 2co file? sorry that i'm still kind of a new user of the zen cart but i do study around the forum to do it my self in not that i really can't solve the problem i will try to not disturbing anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You could edit the database_update.sql file with a text editor, and remove this part:
    Code:
    collate latin1_general_ci
    ... and then retry running it.

Some more restrictive database setups don't like you setting a collation method at the per-table level.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    You could edit the database_update.sql file with a text editor, and remove this part:
    Code:
    collate latin1_general_ci
    ... and then retry running it.

Some more restrictive database setups don't like you setting a collation method at the per-table level.
    DrByte thanks for your advice but is not working. It still giving me the :

"[e-market] ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `return_md5` t"

is there anything wrong with my SQL? since it mention about my SQL Version will it anything do with the SQL? Well i'm using Version MySql 4.3.11. Or do i have to follow the update_database.sql to update manually?
    Last edited by kenlegend; 13 Jul 2006 at 01:53 PM.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Thank You for your advice that i have done it with your advice. This is what i have done to create the data base :

Original Sql file :
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE `2checkout` (
      `2co_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `start_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
      `finish_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
      `status` varchar(50) collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
      `return_md5` text collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
      `amount` float NOT NULL default '0',
      `2co_order_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
      `session_id` varchar(50) collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
      PRIMARY KEY  (`2co_id`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci;
    After Deleting some command:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `2checkout` (
      `2co_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `start_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
      `finish_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
      `status` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
      `return_md5` text NOT NULL,
      `amount` float NOT NULL default '0',
      `2co_order_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
      `session_id` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
      PRIMARY KEY  (`2co_id`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
    i'm not sure if there will be any problem by deleting off all of the collate. I was thinking if there is anyone who having the same problem as me i think this could help abit. Please advice will there be any problem with the SQL file i change. Thank You.

Plugin Contributions

The edit to the SQL you made will be fine. My version of MySQL is the latest version, which includes the collate statements at the end. All you actually need for this is the CREATE TABLE xxxxxx ( ............. ) . The rest of the SQL after the ')' is not strictly necessary.

Good luck with the module. Looking forward to some feedback from those who are curently using it.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

ThankYou for your advise Absolute. & Thanks for your time to making this modules i really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Re: 2CheckOut with Zen 1.3.0.2 Released

It states in 2checkout that the currency is in USD will the module accept an order in GBP and convert this to USD and so on. or must my site be all done in USD

Plugin Contributions

The module can be setup to send the order in any currency, as long as 2CO accept it. You need to set the receiving currency through the 2CO checkout admin page to GBP, and then set your 2CO checkout module to GBP also. Then your orders will be sent as Pounds, rather than dollars. If you have dual currencies setup on your store, the module will convert any currency to GBP before sending, but can display the current price in the other currency on the 2CO checkout page.

Basically, you can choose which currency to receive, but this has to be the same on the 2CO admin page, and the module admin.

When your customer checks out, if you have more than 1 currency installed, then the currency your customer sees on the 2CO checkout page can stay the same as they used in your store, but the price sent to 2CO is always sent in the same currency, regardless of the shoppers preference.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

I have a stupid question. I downloaded the module but am uncertain as to where I should be uploading it to. Should I be putting in the modules folder? The readme file doesn't really say and this will be the first module that I am installing.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

Plugin Contributions

Never mind. I think I figured it out and I think it works. At least the demo works!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast