Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error in credit_cards.php

Thanks for answering.

Still, with or without that file, the error persists. Now i can't even enter the admin panel due to that error... and had to reinstall zencart

Plugin Contributions

After reinstalling zen-cart, and when I installed the portuguese pack, i got the same error, and was unable to access the admin area.

This is what i did:
    1. Installed zen-cart with fantastico.
    2. Uploaded the portuguese pack via ftp and extracted it in admin/includes/languages and includes/languages
    3. went to admin panel and added portuguese language
    4. the site is ok, i can choose the portuguese language and everything is translated, but afterwards, when i try to enter the admin area, i get this credit card error.

I managed to solve this though, deleting the portuguese pack from admin/includes/languages and duplicating the english language files and renaming the files. Now i have portuguese and english directories, althought they are all english files. It worked, and i don't mind having the admin section in english, but i think it is a serious error that most people can't have.
    Can it bebecause the language pack is for version 1.3.7 and i have 1.3.8 installed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fragha View Post
    Can it bebecause the language pack is for version 1.3.7 and i have 1.3.8 installed?
    No. It sounds like a bad language pack, where the admin portuguese.php file is not actually the admin version of the file, but is really the catalog/storefront version.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way i can try and solve this problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

yes ... re-translate the admin portuguese.php file using the original english version of it

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    yes ... re-translate the admin portuguese.php file using the original english version of it
    That isn't the actual problem, there is indeed a bug (I ran into myself today.) Mine is English language, but if the portuguese core files are the same, it's going to be the same. I originally wasn't too concerned since I'm adding some personalized functions to my installation, but even after I reverted, the problem remained so I came looking.

The choke occurs here:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/z/o/l/zolaweb/html/zencart/includes/languages/english/credit_cards.php on line 46

The issue is that the object $template doesn't exist

That being said, $template *should* have been created, it gets called earlier in the code without puking, so I'm digging through to see where it gets unset/lost whatever.

I will report back later today with more details and hopefully a fix.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're referring to an error message occurring in the admin, then you have the wrong language file in your admin folder. THAT is what the last poster was dealing with.

If YOU are getting an error on the storefront side then yes, you've got a problem somewhere that's preventing the $template object from being created properly. However, a clean new install of v1.3.8 with just english language, properly instantiates the $template object.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're referring to an error message occurring in the admin, then you have the wrong language file in your admin folder. THAT is what the last poster was dealing with.

If YOU are getting an error on the storefront side then yes, you've got a problem somewhere that's preventing the $template object from being created properly. However, a clean new install of v1.3.8 with just english language, properly instantiates the $template object.
    The original template is untouched, I was doing overrides. I removed the overrides and was still getting the error.

I tracked it back to some kind of issue with the session. Apparently my old session was held despite my removing the questionable page, and the error was being produced in some fashion by the old session. So the solution is actually to clear your session, which you can do with php--copy the following code, put it into a page (name it something like kill_session.php) and upload it to the same domain, and visit it in your browser.

Code:
    <?php
    session_destroy();
    ?>
    Hopefully this will at least avoid someone having to reinstall the entire app.

As an aside, oddly enough, there turned out to be nothing wrong with the page I wrote, either--I put it back up and it worked perfectly, so it may just have been session corruption or a bad db upload.

As I work with the installation, I will see if I can reliably reproduce it in such a way that it becomes clearer as to exactly when it happens--it's obviously one of those esoteric type bugs that only occur when the moon is full, the temperature is about 70 degrees and the current day has an "s" in it...
    Last edited by Zola; 8 Mar 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Clearing browser cookies and restarting the browser typically disconnects the browser from any open sessions as well.

Plugin Contributions

In my case I am getting an error message:

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on a non-object in /home/16602/adseddon/www.starlessriver.com/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/starlessriver/credit_cards.php on line 46
    I installed 'Wordpress on Zen'. I get the error message when I attempt to change the wordpress theme in the wordpress wp-admin area. As you know when you change theme you get a preview of the theme. Instead of the preview I get a white screen and the error message.

Functionality of changing the theme seems unaffected.

I have not really checked the credit card functions on the shop itself because the store is not live yet. But will have a rummage around and see what is and isn't playing the game.

Any ideas? Perhaps this is a WOZ thing and I am in the wrong bit of the forum. If so sorry and I'll move the post.

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast