Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't get into my webpage through admin anymore!!!

Wanted to let you all know that thankfully I have a brother in law who is has amazing computer skills and he has helped me gain access back to the admin. I am starting over. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Go to your phpMyAdmin and locate your database ...

Find the table admin ...

Browse the table admin and see if you have your admin name and email added correctly ... these should be unique ...

If so, you should be able to use that admin name to request a new password with the forgotten password ...
    i have this same problem, i have added a new user and password, deleted osc1 and zc1 usernames, repaired the database and no issues but now get the following message when trying to log onto the shops admin
    0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [db_cache table]

Plugin Contributions

Compare the two configure.php files:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

"something" is different between the two if the shop can see the database but the admin cannot ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Also check the permissions on the two configure.php files before uploading the new ones ...

If they are set to 444 you need to either change them to 644 or delete them so that you can load the new files ... then, you can change the permissions back when done ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    How you connect to your database via phpMyAdmin would depend on where your database is and how your ISP has configured their server. Mine simply has a MqSQL control page with a phpMyAdmin button next to each of my databases, and clicking one takes me directly into that database. On my local development machine however, I have to choose the database manually from phpMyAdmin's left hand panel.

Once into a database, click on the admin link in the left hand panel (to go into the admin table).

Then click on the browse tab in the right hand panel top left. Lower down that panel a list of users will appear.

If you have more than one, choose the one you want to edit by clicking on the pencil symbol next to it. Edit the user name and email address to values with which you are happy. In the admin_pass field enterexactly as typed here (this is the equivalent of having "admin" as your password). Ensure that the admin_level value is 1.

Log on with your chosen admin_name and the password "admin" and change the password for security.
    I've been having the same issue trying to login to my admin panel (using the current version of zc, including the security patch). I have followed the above instructions, and I still cannot get in. When I type in my user name, and the password "admin" and click login, it just clears the fields and does nothing. When I click on "resend password", I never get the email. Please help as I know I have orders pending. Thanks.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing
    www.srscustomprinting.com

Plugin Contributions

Could you redownload the Security Patch and reload it to your server?

It sounds like something isn't loaded correctly, if the only thing changed was adding the security patch ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Could you redownload the Security Patch and reload it to your server?

It sounds like something isn't loaded correctly, if the only thing changed was adding the security patch ...
    I downloaded the security patch again and reloaded to my server, no change. When I try to login with "Admin" and "admin", it first says "there was a security error when trying to login". I then click the "Login" button again, and the User name and Password fields just blank out.

My site was working just after I installed the patch. I'm not certain what changed to disable the admin login. I do have a backup of my store dated just after the security install. Should I restore the MySQL database backup? Will I lose the orders currently pending?

Also, a question if I may (probably a dumb one). The instructions in the security patch say to rename your "admin" folder. My tree structure is: public_html, with the "admin" folder within it. Is this the folder I should rename? By renaming it, will this affect any files that are pointing to it?

Thanks for your help as always.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Plugin Contributions

You want to rename that directory ...

You will see:
    /admin
    /download
    /editor
    /includes

plus some other directories and files ...

Once renamed, you need to change the file:

NOTE: /admin will be your new directory name

and fix the paths that were /admin to the new directory ...

You also want to review and cleanup any issues that might be hacked files ...

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

You want to rename that directory ...

You will see:
    /admin
    /download
    /editor
    /includes

plus some other directories and files ...

Once renamed, you need to change the file:

NOTE: /admin will be your new directory name

and fix the paths that were /admin to the new directory ...

You also want to review and cleanup any issues that might be hacked files ...

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

"Admin" is already the name of that directory... so I do not have to change anything then right?

Also, I still cannot access my admin panel, which is now becoming critical. Any help in this area is most appreciated.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast