Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where are cart contents stored?

Anyone please answer

Plugin Contributions

I'm actually looking for this as well, I haven't found anything regarding it here in the forum or in the ZenCart Wiki. Any help would be awesome!

Plugin Contributions

If you could expand on exactly what you are wanting to do we could give you a better answer.

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to find a way of making a custom form (that holds up to 12 items with attributes at a time) submit to a cart like a regular item would. If I knew where that form with the "action=add_product" went and actually did the magic of adding it to a cart i think i could figure the rest out.

The form is online here if you'd like to see what i'm trying to accomplish. http://205.234.206.236/store/order.php

Plugin Contributions

I've combed through every file I thought would be related to adding items to the cart and cannot for the life of me figure out where it's done. Basically i'm trying to make an Amazon - like cart system with the marker at the top displaying what step a person is on. The start of my endeavor is still located at http://205.234.206.236/store/order.php if anyone would like to take a look.

Also, sorry for the double post but i'm getting desperate.

Plugin Contributions

"How" things are stored in the sessions table is of 0 relavance to using it from your stand point ...

You need to ensure that as you move from page to page that your input data travels with you ...

If you look at any of the pages such as contact_us ...

Look at how the files in:
    /includes/modules/pages/contact_us/*.*

/includes/templates/templates_default/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

/includes/languages/english/contact_us

all interact with one another ...

To see something more verbose ... look at the same paths but for login and create_account

To see how to get information to move betweeen pages ... look at the checkout_blah files ... and follow the $_SESSION['comments'] and $comment ...

The point is ... I do not need to know "How" the $_SESSION['comments'] is stored in the session table ... I just need to use the submit and variables and input fields etc. correctly and all of that is managed for me as to the storage in the session table ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK, then my question now is how do I make the form in the page i linked to above add all the products to the $_SESSION[cart] with the selected attributes?

From my searching and tinkering with the cart i've only figured out how to add one product at a time with attributes or multiple products without attributes. This form requires me to be able to add multiple products each with it's own attributes.

I've found the functions in the classes/shopping_cart.php document but I don't see a way to add more than one at a time with attributes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12