Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: International Shipping

I am wanting to set up shipping so that US orders above a certain level are free. Then I need a flat rate for international orders. And I need upgraded (3 day, 2 day, next day) shipping for US orders as well. Would this mod accommodate that? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

So you want:

1 UPS to always run

2 On US customers, when the order is >= $XXX.XX you want an Free Shipping Option ... in *addition* to the UPS that is always on ...

3 International Orders *only* see a Flat Rate shipping charge ...

is this correct?

If so, you create a Zone Definition for everyone you consider to be the United States ...

NOTE: All Zones means All States plus DC plus US Islands plus US Territories plus Armed Forces

Install UPS shipping module and add your US Zone Definition to it ...

Install Free Shipping Options freeoptions and add your US Zone Definition to it and configure the Total >= XXX.XX

Next, create a Zone Definition for the Rest of the World ...

Then, install the Flat Rate flat shipping module and add this Zone to it and set the Flat Rate amount to you XXX.XX value for International orders ...

This should get the right shipping running for the right shipping zone at the right time for the right amount with the Free Shipping Option when it should appear ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Awrighty, will give it a go! Thanks :) Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    So you want:

1 UPS to always run

2 On US customers, when the order is >= $XXX.XX you want an Free Shipping Option ... in *addition* to the UPS that is always on ...

3 International Orders *only* see a Flat Rate shipping charge ...

is this correct?

If so, you create a Zone Definition for everyone you consider to be the United States ...

NOTE: All Zones means All States plus DC plus US Islands plus US Territories plus Armed Forces

Install UPS shipping module and add your US Zone Definition to it ...

Install Free Shipping Options freeoptions and add your US Zone Definition to it and configure the Total >= XXX.XX

Next, create a Zone Definition for the Rest of the World ...

Then, install the Flat Rate flat shipping module and add this Zone to it and set the Flat Rate amount to you XXX.XX value for International orders ...

This should get the right shipping running for the right shipping zone at the right time for the right amount with the Free Shipping Option when it should appear ...

Plugin Contributions

You have the right idea ...

You should be using the Free Shipping Options freeoptions Shipping Module and have the Zone set to the US ...

Note: you will need to make that Zone to use it

For the per item, use the Per Item shipping and again you do need to make a Zone for all the countries except the US ...

Check that when you make the Zone, you are also adding the details to the Zone Definition ...

Example:
    In Zone Definitions you would insert a Zone called something like: US Shipping

Providing you truely mean the entire US which includes the territories, islands, US forces, etc. you can add in the Details the Country United States and the Zone All Zones ...

For the rest of the world ... you need to add everything except the US ... which is rather a pain ...

Depending on how good you are with phpMyAdmin ... you could export the zones and build an import for everything and just delete the United States zone_country_id 223
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am trying to set free shipping for Singapore(where my shop is based) & per item count shipping for international (I chose some countries that I will ship to).
    So, for the domestic free shipping for all items, how do i go about? set it in free shipping options or freeshipper? If by free shipping options, how do i set the value? as my items will be free shipping for all the domestic order no matter how much they purchase. It stated there, 0 value will make the module not working? Could someone shed some lights on this? Thanks.
    I add on Singapore as one of the zones, because I don't find it inside. And I set the zone definition as DOMESTIC, with SG inside the details. Am i doing it right?

And now for international orders, I have to set up one zone definitions called INTERNATIONAL, with all of the COUNTRIES I wanna ship to in the details? or all the ZONES?

Thank you :-)

Plugin Contributions

Instead, use the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set the Total to >= 0 and keep everything else blank ...

Set the Zone to Singapore ...

Next, create a Zone for the Rest of the World ... and add that to Item Rate ...

NOTE: you may be able to find a post with the Rest of the World except for the US on it ... that you can install then add the US and remove Singapore ...

NOTE: FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper is designed differently than how you are trying to use it and will not work as it is for what you are trying to do ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Instead, use the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set the Total to >= 0 and keep everything else blank ...

Set the Zone to Singapore ...

Next, create a Zone for the Rest of the World ... and add that to Item Rate ...

NOTE: you may be able to find a post with the Rest of the World except for the US on it ... that you can install then add the US and remove Singapore ...

NOTE: FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper is designed differently than how you are trying to use it and will not work as it is for what you are trying to do ...
    I did all of the above. But when I tried my checkout in the online catalog, it says sorry we are not shipping to your region. How about the order total_shipping? should i set this too? and how should i set it? allow free shipping?

What i done wrong? :-(

Plugin Contributions

I got it now, it was my fault, I set the admin/configuration/shipping packaging/Order free shipping 0 weight status I put yes...

Now all is working well, Thank u so much!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that it was a setting for the 0 weight means Free Shipping in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... causing the problem for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Is there anyway to use this option of the zones to block users from NON US zones from buying from a certain category? Most of my categories are digital downloads but a couple require shipping of items. I am loosing money due to Paypal fees because I have to refund the NON US orders since customers cannot READ that I do not ship outside of the US. Any ideas?
    My Zen Cart Store
    www.cheapservicemanuals.net

Plugin Contributions

The best solution would be to add a new field to the products table such as:
    products_usonly

and add that field to the files in the Admin so that you can edit the setting ...

Then, you can test for that field based on what is in the order and the shipping address and prevent the checkout from working when the shipping address in not the US and Products are in the cart that can only go to the US ...

This would also allow you to mark the Products in the listings and product _info page as US Shipping Only based on this flag to alert Customers of this limitation ...

While it is not difficult to write it is time consuming to write this ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast