Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NEW! Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Hi Conor,

Thanks for your help so far, and for making this excellent mod available.

One question so far as a result of testing:

When you make a refund in the VSP admin the refunded amount doesn't appear in the shop admin on the customer's order screen (as it does with Paypal) - should it?

Plugin Contributions

1. ... also, (in the shop admin when you look at the customer's order) should the line that says 'Status Message:' always be blank? What sort of message might show up there?

2. With 'Store card number in database' turned off in the Protx mod, I'm getting just the expiry date showing on the card details (no start date or issue number) - no biggie, just curious if that's what I should be seeing.
    Last edited by Pixxi; 29 Jul 2006 at 11:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dave,

Quote Originally Posted by Pixxi
    When you make a refund in the VSP admin the refunded amount doesn't appear in the shop admin on the customer's order screen (as it does with Paypal) - should it?
    The VSP Admin is a completely independent application from Zen Cart and therefore has no integration whatsoever with the cart software. Unfortunately there is no way at all to update an order as refunded automatically... you have to change the status etc. manually I'm afraid.

1. ... also, (in the shop admin when you look at the customer's order) should the line that says 'Status Message:' always be blank? What sort of message might show up there?
    If a transaction is successful the Status Message isn't normally used. That may or may not change so I've put the capability to record and display this information in anyway... it's up to Protx what goes in there (it may never have anything though!).

2. With 'Store card number in database' turned off in the Protx mod, I'm getting just the expiry date showing on the card details (no start date or issue number) - no biggie, just curious if that's what I should be seeing.
    As this information is all stored at Protx's side we didn't see the need to modify the orders database table to store this information also. The information's really only there because it's a standard Zen Cart feature. It would make the module more complicated to install if we added in the ability to store this extra info with no major benefit for the shop owner as they can just take a look at the transaction details in VSP Admin.

Hope that answers your questions satisfactorily! :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I installed this mod but im getting a message in the admin section telling me that PEAR:Crypt/Blowfish isnt installed on your server!. My host company tell me it is.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: NEW! Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Hi Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Destructive
    I installed this mod but im getting a message in the admin section telling me that PEAR:Crypt/Blowfish isnt installed on your server!. My host company tell me it is.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
    It definitely means that it either isn't installed, your include paths are wrong or your include paths are blocked by something like open_basedir settings. There isn't any other way this message would come up.

Please contact me privately by e-mail at the address on the module's support site with a full listing from the debug output and we'll see what's wrong!

(To enable debug mode use the admin to switch it on and put through a test order - make sure you use "test" mode - don't use "live" mode as you'll be billed for the order! :) ).

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Oops, just realised you have contacted me privately. :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

Just a couple of small points that have emerged from testing ...

1. With v 2.02, if you choose Switch/UK Maestro as the payment type and enter the card details, the next page (checkout_confirmation) shows the payment type as 'SWITCH' (uppercase) rather than 'Switch/UK Maestro'. ('SWITCH' doesn't seem to be defined in the language file)

2. Since Maestro is also used in Europe, maybe that text should just be 'Switch/Maestro'?

3. In the protx_direct language file, the text 'credit card' is used in several places for display and error messages. Since the mod can also accept debit cards, perhaps these instances of text should be changed to 'credit/debit card' and 'card...' as appropriate?

Otherwise, testing is going fine so far.

Thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, we're so busy at the minute that we don't necessarily get the time to have a good look over everything and ask "why" (the most important question too many programmers don't seem to be aware of!)... it's nice to have extra eyes and ears to help us with that!

1. With v 2.02, if you choose Switch/UK Maestro as the payment type and enter the card details, the next page (checkout_confirmation) shows the payment type as 'SWITCH' (uppercase) rather than 'Switch/UK Maestro'. ('SWITCH' doesn't seem to be defined in the language file)
    That output doesn't actually use the language file; instead the code for the Card Type being sent to Protx is displayed.

I think I'll change it to using the language definitions.

2. Since Maestro is also used in Europe, maybe that text should just be 'Switch/Maestro'?
    I'm not sure what to do about this one. I deliberately chose to say "UK Maestro" as Protx accept Switch and Switch is changing to Maestro and they've said there's a possibility that the differences between the UK implentation and the rest of Europe's systems may mean that they only guarantee acceptance of UK Maestro cards, at least until the changeover is complete.

I might give them a call and see exactly where they stand on this issue as it's about 6 months since I last checked.

However, the more feedback from people about this the better so if anyone else has any thoughts, please let us know (or PM or e-mail me).

3. In the protx_direct language file, the text 'credit card' is used in several places for display and error messages. Since the mod can also accept debit cards, perhaps these instances of text should be changed to 'credit/debit card' and 'card...' as appropriate?
    In the source code I always use "Card" without "Credit" or "Debit". I might change things to simply using "Card" in the language file definitions or I might upgrade the code to dynamically display "Credit"/"Debit" based on the card type selected.

Either way I'll make things more accurate!

In the meantime, you can simply make whatever changes to the text you like by overriding the language definition file:

/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/YOUR_TEMPLATE/protx_direct.php

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Last edited by conor; 7 Aug 2006 at 05:03 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

That output doesn't actually use the language file; instead the code for the Card Type being sent to Protx is displayed.
    Yes, (and sorry, I should have said) and that was why it was confusing - the card details I entered were for a Maestro card (not a Switch card) - a customer might enter their Maestro card details and see 'Switch' confirmed as the card type and think the shop has mis-recognised their card type.

I guess that might be down to Protx again, in that they may want the code to refer to both Switch and Maestro cards as 'Switch' during the changeover. As you say, using the language define instead would solve the problem.

1. Until you have time to update the mod, could you point me in the general direction of the code that needs changing to use the language file define please?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: NEW! Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Hi,

could you point me in the general direction of the code that needs changing to use the language file define please?
    No.

Absolutely not.

:) I've already updated the module with all of the above changes [plus a bugfix] and just have to finish the docs before I can release 2.0.3 ;) - Thought a FAQs section would be nice!

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

That's fine - I'll wait for the update then, thanks

By the way, do the two 'contact us' links defined in the protx_direct language file (near the bottom) work for you?

They're the ones for the error messages when the vendor name isn't recognised or when there's a technical problem contacting the gateway. I'm getting a '404 - page not found' when clicking either link on the error message(s).

It might also be better not to have the merchant's Protx vendor name appear on the first of those error messages - maybe just the general message (eg. 'vendor name not recognised') instead?
    Last edited by Pixxi; 7 Aug 2006 at 08:13 PM.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast