Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NEW! Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Thanks Conor - appreciate that. It is fairly poor if protx have got their documentation wrong - this is the first time I have used them so hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come!

One minor amendment you might want to make to the installation instructions....

For this step all you need to do is find the following lines in tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php (there are two):
    You might want to put the full path in there. Got there in the end but isn't immediately obvious where the file is located. Also I could only find one instance of zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) in that file. Other than that, installation was a synch. Love the way you can administer everything from the Zen administration screen.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frostystoo
    Thanks Conor - appreciate that. It is fairly poor if protx have got their documentation wrong - this is the first time I have used them so hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come!

Just got off the phone with them and they are saying this is all being caused by the Switch to Maestro changeover... lots of banks and choosing to operate their Switch and Maestro cards in completely different ways.... some require an issue number, some have no issue number at all!

I'm updating the module to show the fields for both but not to require them... if one or the other is required and the user hasn't supplied it then they will receive a Protx Error at the top of the payment page... I have to remove the javascript checking for these two fields now (Start Date and Issue Number)... pity!

One minor amendment you might want to make to the installation instructions....

You might want to put the full path in there. Got there in the end but isn't immediately obvious where the file is located.
    Okay, I'll make that change... all the tpl_ files are always located in the same folder but I suppose more precise information is better than less! :)

Also I could only find one instance of zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) in that file. Other than that, installation was a synch.
    For Zen cart 1.2.x there are two, for 1.3.x there is only one... I'll update the docs for to more accurately reflect also.

Love the way you can administer everything from the Zen administration screen.
    Usability has to be a prime concern for us.. glad you appreciate it!

Thanks for the feedback, it just makes the module that bit better!

I'll post here again when the new version has been uploaded.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor

Downloaded module from your site.
    When I go to unzip it i get error message saying

"Cannot open file does not appear to be a valid archive, If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again"

Probably me being thick..am using Winzip to open

What am I doing wrong please?

Z

Plugin Contributions

Hi Zohe

If I were you i'd uninstall winzip and download the open source software archiving program 7-Zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

Its at least as good as winzip, free to download and opens all kinds of archives in a nice Windows GUI.

I opened Conor's archive using 7-Zip with no problems at all.

Plugin Contributions

Thx Frosty,

you are right works easy...

Z

Plugin Contributions

Version 2.0.2 Released - ESSENTIAL Upgrade!

Hi,

A slightly but VERY IMPORTANT updated version of the module has been released due to user feedback!

Here's the snippet from the Version History:

[UPDATED] The changeover from Switch to Maestro means that some Switch cards have issue numbers while others don't. Also, some have a Start Date while some don't. The module has been updated to therefore display both these fields but require neither. This should mean that every possible variation of fields used is once again catered for!

Please note that this means that the omittance of a required Start Date or Issue Number field can no longer be checked for, using Javascript, before sending the payment details, as the individual banks only report a Requirement Error after sending the data through Protx. Of course at this point, if the customer has not supplied some required information, they will then be shown an appropriate error message and asked to supply this missing information, so no business will be lost! :)

[UPDATED] Documentation slightly updated for changing Shopping Cart link(s) to use SSL.

[UPDATED] Debug Information's layout improved. Information now includes whether Encryption was used and, if not, the include_path and safe_mode/open_basedir settings for the server.

[BUGFIX] Extraneous comma removed from HTML for Issue Number field.
    It is highly advised that everyone using this module upgrade immediately!

Otherwise some Switch/UK Maestro/Solo customers may find that they are asked for an Issue Number and/or Start Date when their card doesn't have one or the other!

This upgrade is particularly easy as no database changes have been made so no configuration within the Admin is necessary.

You can always find the latest versions at the contribution's site:

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/protx_direct

Enjoy!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Conor. Really appreciate your help on this.

Just tried it out and am now taking payments successfully on my development protx account at least.

Plugin Contributions

just installed this module for my shop and so far all working well :) I have had a few issues with this site over the weekend so I will let you know if its all working well (seem to have lost the emails when you order ) but that is nothing to do with this module

But very easy to use/set up/install VERY glad it was ok for 1.2 as well as 1.3

If all works well over the next few weeks I will certainly be contributing to you guys as a thank you for this module

Sarah

Plugin Contributions

ps on the blowfish section - do I need to do anything with it other than create a keyword? ie my host installed it on the server and I have added in the keyword in the admin area for protx direct - is that all I need to do?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Sarah,

First off, thanks for the nice comments - glad to hear that the module is of use to you! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahL
    ps on the blowfish section - do I need to do anything with it other than create a keyword? ie my host installed it on the server and I have added in the keyword in the admin area for protx direct - is that all I need to do?
    Yes, that's everything you need to do... although you might want to confirm that the encryption is working okay by temporarily enabling the Debug Mode and checking its output (a message will indicate if encryption was used). Don't forget to turn Debug Mdoe off afterwards though as it still processes and creates the order you are using to "test"! :)

Oh, you should also use the "test" server when Debug Mode is enabled as otherwise your card will be charged.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast