Plugin Contributions

Enter email address 2X during registration.

Is it possible (or is there a contribution) that will add a 2nd email address field to the registration form and have the cart validate that both email addresses match?

Basically I'm looking for a way to make sure that my customers can't register with typos in their email addresses!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Enter email address 2X during registration.

Yes, it is
    Go to tpl_create_account_default.php in
    includes\templates\template_default\templates
    and you would have to add one more field
    You have to make the same change in create_account.php present in
    includes\languages\english
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by superprg
    Yes, it is
    Go to tpl_create_account_default.php in
    includes\templates\template_default\templates
    and you would have to add one more field
    You have to make the same change in create_account.php present in
    includes\languages\english
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply but, I forgot to mention that I'm PHP challenged. I looked at both files you mentioned and have no idea what or where to enter anything.

Thanks for trying though!

Plugin Contributions

Well, you dont have to change anything in the database,
    You can just make the verification change in one file..that should be sufficient
    San

Plugin Contributions

I am also interested in this...

I can theoretically add the extra field, but don't have a clue as to what that field should be. If anyone could post instructions to "change this to add this" it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know enough about php to actually write the code or add fields from scratch, but I can find existing code and change it to what works...just need a little help knowing what that would be.

Plugin Contributions

I have just switched over from using osC to Zen within the last month or two. I was very familiar with installing contribs to osc, and I have just been reading a thread on this site about porting contribs and the changes that would need to be made.

There's a contrib call Email Double Verification Entry for osc, and it looks pretty simple. There are no files at all but a text file that gives instructions on making small changes to existing files.

I don't have a good enough grasp on zen (or php for that matter) yet to read the instructions for osc and know how to translate them to make it work for Zen.

I am attaching the contrib here (which is only one text file) and if someone who knows the difference between osc php and zen php would be willing to take a look at it and give us a hand in learning what needs to be changed to "zen style" php, I would be forever in your debt. I don't want it done for me, I really want to wrap my brain around this stuff, but a starting place to getting a clue would be nice. This contrib looks like a fairly simple, innocuous little learning lesson. Not to mention the fact that I'll quit having customers making errors in the email address if it works!

Thanks in advance!!!
    Jeri
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

signs, I took the contrib you linked to and ported it to work with Zen Cart. I've installed it on my test site running version 1.3.0.1 and it works.

I added it to the Zen Contributions so it can now be downloaded from:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=204

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flightoffancy
    Thanks for the reply but, I forgot to mention that I'm PHP challenged. I looked at both files you mentioned and have no idea what or where to enter anything.

Thanks for trying though!
    If you're "php challenged" then I can't even think of what to call myself. LOL Thanks for the porting the contrib! It will be put to good use!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Enter email address 2X during registration.

Quote Originally Posted by flightoffancy View Post
    signs, I took the contrib you linked to and ported it to work with Zen Cart. I've installed it on my test site running version 1.3.0.1 and it works.

I added it to the Zen Contributions so it can now be downloaded from:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=204
    hey,

just added your contrib and it works. great work. I just have one thing that may make it better. normally you can not cut and past a email in the second one on other sites but you can on this. any ideas on how to "fix" this.

I am also "php challenged" but will look into something so long if i can. maybe someone already know though.

cheers