Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Installed on new server

I just installed my database on a new server... it's taken me over a week to figure out why it wouldn't work (airhead disease or something, but I'm not really php or sql literate - I just do what you guys say and yes I followed ALL the directions to a 'T'! ), but this time it finally went INCLUDING the load of the sql database! Hurrah.. or so I thought. I grabbed the fix cache key utility and went to run it, but even just trying to get to the test directory I loaded the whole thing to of www.sonlightmall.com/store I'm now getting this:

1146 Table 'captiva1_zenstore.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

I orginally couldn't get the sql database to load. The original file gave me this error:
    Error
    SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.8.0.1
    -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
    --
    -- Host: 127.0.0.1:3306
    -- Generation Time: Jul 06, 2006 at 12:40 AM
    -- Server version: 4.0.24
    -- PHP Version: 4.3.11
    --
    -- Database: `forex4_captivateuzencart`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE `forex4_captivateuzencart` ;

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'captiva1'@'localhost' to database 'forex4_captivateuzencart'

and had this at the beginning of the sql database:

--
    --
    CREATE DATABASE `forex4_captivateuzencart`;
    USE forex4_captivateuzencart;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so I changed the beginning of the mysql file to this:

--
    -- Database: `captiva1_zenstore`
    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    (I took the create out and changed the database name to the new database)

and then I got this:

Error
    SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.8.0.1
    --
    --
    --

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'captiva1'@'localhost' to database 'forex4_captivateuzencart'
    So... I again messed with the mysql file and changed it to this:

--
    --
    USE captiva1_zenstore;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried to import it one last time and I got this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/header_meta_style.inc.php:21) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 1039

3 strikes and I'm out and I have to get up in 4 hours to go to work at a new job, so someone PLEASE HELP! I know it's gotta be something small I'm just missing and you guys are my saviors and have been since I started using zen.

If you need any more info please let me know but I won't be back until late tomorrow night. I just thank goodness I didn't try this on a live server.

Thanks in advance.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed on new server

It looks as though the install is trying to create a new database - which it can't do on a shared server. You have to create a new (blank) database before you start the install. You do this via your web hosting control panel.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I did create a new database, just like the instructions say for the move to a new server. And right before I tried to import the database I dropped the tables that were currently in there, just like the instructions say. I just can't figure out why it won't import.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I'm missing something here - but how can you drop tables from a newly created and blank database?

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Ok, maybe I didn't explain it right. Let's start again. I got a new server. I am moving my zencart to the new server, so I am following the instructions here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

I got all the way to step 5 with no problem. Everything looked great, test items were in and it looked like everything was working. So, I went to step 5 and dropped the tables that were in there and then tried to import the db I saved from my old server. Now all I get are errors. I know it didn't import right, but I don't understand why it's not importing right and what I need to do to make sure it does.

Tina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. If your "backup" is in the form of a .SQL file (text file), then you need to look for the two lines that talk about:
    Code:
    ... and put a # in front of each line, or delete those lines altogether. Then re-save the file.

If your "backup" is a ZIP or GZ or TAR file, you'll need to unzip/untar it first, then make the edits to the resultant .SQL file as described above.

2. Then, open phpMyAdmin on the new server.
    3. Select the new database.
    4. Drop the temporary tables (you said you already did this)
    5. Now import the edited backup file (via the SQL or Import tab in phpMyAdmin).

Hopefully there aren't any database-version mismatches to reconcile with your backup file.
    What version of MySQL was on the old server? What version is on the new server?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I did that and it installed. Now I am getting this when I go to bring up the site;

1146 Table 'captiva1_zenstore.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

Did I corrupt something else along the way?

Tina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

in your configure.php files, what are the settings for:

DB_PREFIX
    DB_SERVER
    DB_SERVER_USERNAME
    DB_DATABASE

I'm suspecting that the DB_PREFIX in your new setup doesn't match the DB_PREFIX used from your old setup (from which your database-backup came).

Setting your "new" DB_PREFIX to match the "old" one should solve the problem.

You'll need to set this in your /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I've started over once again. I have zencart loaded on the new server, and everything looks good. I've copied all my old files over and now I'm up to the point where I am ready to import the mqsql file. I think I know what the problem is that every time I get to this point it gets messed up, but let me run it by you guys and maybe you can tell me exactly what is going wrong so I don't have to start from scratch again. I have not as of yet dropped the tables, and the website looks pretty much like I want it to.

On my OLD server, I have my db called forex4_captivateuzencart and it has 186 tables in it. Half of them are captivateumain_ and the other half are zencartmain_ All the names in both halves are identical, but not the information in the tables. It seems to me I'm only supposed to have 93 tables and not the doubled 186.

1, Is that right? If so, how do I get the exported file to the way I need it to be?

On the new server, the mysql db is named captivata1_zc1

2. Once I export, do I need to change the name of the db in the mysql exported file? Such as, the top lines of the file are as follows:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.8.0.1
    --
    -- Generation Time: Jul 15, 2006 at 04:51 PM
    --
    --
    DROP DATABASE `forex4_captivateuzencart`;

3. Do I also need to change the configure.php files in the admin/includes and the includes such as in the lines below? I know there are other lines in both config files with the db_server info, but I don't want to put them all here.

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'captiva1_');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '****');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '****');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'captiva1_zc1');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db'

I've already tried this more times than I can even count. I'm going to try to wait for help before I go any further because I really don't want to have to start over yet again. My other choice is just to start again loading up all my products and I even thought about copying the tables one by one, but from what I read in another post that not necessarily going to work either.

Thanks,
    Tina
    Last edited by Ajeh; 15 Jul 2006 at 11:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie61
    On my OLD server, I have my db called forex4_captivateuzencart and it has 186 tables in it. Half of them are captivateumain_ and the other half are zencartmain_ All the names in both halves are identical, but not the information in the tables. It seems to me I'm only supposed to have 93 tables and not the doubled 186.

1, Is that right? If so, how do I get the exported file to the way I need it to be?

On the new server, the mysql db is named captivata1_zc1
    A. If you look on your old server and peek at the /includes/configure.php file, what is the DB_PREFIX set to there? It'll either be "captivateumain_" or "zencartmain_".
    That's what you need to set in your configure.php files on the new site.
    That's also the group of tables you need to be sure to keep. The other set of tables ... well ... who knows what's in them.

2. Once I export, do I need to change the name of the db in the mysql exported file? Such as, the top lines of the file are as follows:

--
    --
    DROP DATABASE `forex4_captivateuzencart`;
    You need to DELETE those last 3 lines from the file or you won't be able to import the file: DROP DATABASE..., CREATE DATABASE .... and USE .....

3. Do I also need to change the configure.php files in the admin/includes and the includes such as in the lines below? I know there are other lines in both config files with the db_server info, but I don't want to put them all here.

define('DB_PREFIX', 'captiva1_');
    All are fine except the one above. See my comment in #1 earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast