Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: remove "congratulations! you've installed zen-cart" from main page

I updated everything on my site and then got this parse error? i can't figure it out?

Here's the error :
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/gotdata/public_html/includes/languages/english.php on line 19

and here is the code: my error is on line 19.. I also re loaded the original file and am still gettin this error now?

// Showcase vs Store
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s">log yourself in</a>?');
    } else {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');
    }
    define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?');
    define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.');
    //moved to english

Cheers,
    Lindz
    Over 650 Databases Ready for download now! Got Databases?

Plugin Contributions

The error is referring to english.php and you are referring to index.php in the language files ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That would be why I couldn't figure out what i did wrong LOL! Guess I need to go to sleep :)

Thanks!
    It's all fixed now!

Cheers,
    Lindz
    Over 650 Databases Ready for download now! Got Databases?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you were able to get this fixed by peeking in the right file ...

Hate when the code does what I say and not what I mean ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

So it's nice that that feature can take me to the string I want to delete, but why doesn't Zen just have this display one time, say the one time that you first instal, and then not display it again. I don't want anything to show up here and it's a bit absurd to have to go into the source code and delete things just to make the page look professional.

Plugin Contributions

makes sense, we should address this in the upcoming 2.0 release.

Plugin Contributions

The idea is for you to either put in your own text or to eliminate the text if you do not wish to use it ...

We put in text as an example ... you can change that text to your own or customize your language files in the templates and overrides ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, the text is there as an example, but the tag is on every page and I just couldn't find a way to get rid of it. I ended up just removing it from the languages file and left the code in.

Plugin Contributions

Oh yes, it is just SO difficult to edit includes/languages/english/index.php, change

Code:
      // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
      /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
      define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
      // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
      /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
      define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.'); 
    }
    to
    Code:
      // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
      /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
      define('HEADING_TITLE', '');
      /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
      define('HEADING_TITLE', ''); 
    }
    (which removes the literal completely)

or to
    Code:
      define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to our store!');
      define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to our store!'); 
    }
    (which will display your custom message)

and save the changed file to includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php and upload it to your site.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

This is great just what I was looking for. And the Tools>Developers kit hack is brilliant!!!! I'm feeling Zenned!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast