Plugin Contributions

per item shipping

I've got multiple suppliers I deal with.. I'd like to be able to use their shipping costs they supply me for accuracy instead of having to guestimate them or add them to product cost and just do free shipping on everything.

My problem lies in that supplier A ships some things at flat rates ie: 5.95
    but ships other things at different costs ie: item 1 = 3.95, item 2 = 12.32 etc.
    Supplier B ships everything out flat rate but charges a percentage increase on the cost of the shipment.. ie:
    1x item 1 = 3.00, 2x item 1 = 5.10

It can get even uglier.. people can order items from multiple suppliers..
    ie:
    customer ordered item 2 from supplier A and 2 of item 1 from supplier B

Is there a way to accomplish this in zen as I really want to have the most accurate shipping charges possible so people don't think I'm just making money on shipping to make up for low item cost?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: per item shipping

Unfortunately, at this time ... there is not a Shipping Module quite like this ...

The Per Unit perweightunit would be the closest ... but this is where you set the cost per item in the products_weight field and that is used to determin the Shipping Cost based on:
    (products_weight * quantity) * per unit charge (usually set to 1.00)
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Just so I'm clear.. using the module described I'd set the product's weight to be the actual shipping cost of the item.. ie: 5.32 for shipping instead of the 3lbs weight.. right?

Plugin Contributions

If you turn off the Tare settings in Shipping/Packaging ... unless you are using them with the settings of exact cost in some manner ...

You would type in: 5.32 if you mean to charge $5.32 on a Product and the setting on the perweightunit Shipping Module is set to 1 for:
    The shipping cost will be used to determin shipping charges based on: Product Quantity * Units (products_weight) * Cost per Unit - in an order that uses this shipping method.
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

i'm looking to have a shipping charge of zero for some of our items (paying for a membership or submitting a donation, for example). if we use the perweightunit shipping method and set the weight equal to the price for everything that has a shipping charge and set the weight to zero for the things that do not require shipping - would this do what i need?

Plugin Contributions

1 item x (1 x 7) = 7
    4 items x (0 x 12) = 0

7 + 0 = 7

Did you wish to charge only $7.00 for the 5 items ordered?

If yes, then yes that works ...
    Linda McGrath

per item shipping & discounts on multiple items

hi:

yes, i have the same problem. consider the following scenario with multiple quantites of the same item:

Item (A), qty. 1 = 4.99 shipping total
    Item (A), qty. 2 = 7.49 shipping total (+2.50 for 2nd item)
    Item (A), qty. 3 = 8.49 shipping total (+1.00 for 3rd item and $1.00
    for each additional item thereafter)

also, multiple products in the same cart at checkout that start with the base shipping rate of that item, ie:
    Item (A), qty. 4 = $9.49 shipping total (using the above schedule)
    Item (B), qty. 1 = $8.25 shipping total (for 1 item)
    Item (C), qty. 6 = $14.25 shipping total (using Item C's base shipping rate +
    additional items scale

basically, what is needed is a shipping per item module which a $ amount or a % can be charged for additional items. i am using 1.3.0.2 and NEED the script now. anyone have something like this that will work?

regards,
    john
    http://www.JohnsNationalDiscount.com
    http://www.ExtremaHosting.com

Favorite Quote: "If your output exceeds your input, then your upkeep will be your downfall." (anon.)

my scenario was nothing like that - i actually simply used the built-in "yes, always free shipping" for the items that, well, needed no shipping charge - works beautifully and the best part is, no mods needed!!

i'm really beginning to like this zen-cart about a bagillion times better than osCommerce...