Plugin Contributions

Default Special package product

First of all ill give you a run down of what we sell. We sell swarovski crystals and tools and accessories for attaching them along with patterns and such. So therefore we have about 100 different colored and 2 different sized crystals for people to purchase...now for the real question at hand.
    I'm attempting to setup a special intro package that will allow people to get a few of our tools to get them started, plus their choice of 4 packs of our crystals. Got any idea how I would set this up to allow them to choose which colors of crystals they actually get?!

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Special package product

while it might take some time to set it up....

you could do it by way of adding the *product* of an "intro package" and add the attributes of the colors they could pick. you'd have to have 4 of them listed for the four colors if you want them to be able to pick each one out. or you could have just one and put in color combos for them to choose from.

So for each intro package they would choose the size and then the color they want four times on the page before they check out.

You'd also have to set it so they HAVE to choose the attributes before it can be added to the cart.

hope that makes sense!
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Yeah the tricky part is we have roughly 40 different colors that they can choose from. So would it be possible to display a drop down box for all 4 crystal packs, that would have a 40 crystal color list inside the box? Or is there a different/better way of doing it?

Here's another thing I didnt mention all the products we offer in the INTRO PACKAGE are all sold separately on our site. (not sure if thats important to know or not but figured i'd include it)

Plugin Contributions

*I* think the easiest way to do it would be to make an attribute of Crystal, sub of size and then sub of color and list all your colors there as a drop down.

Do you have an attribute set up for the cystals as for size? You said you had two sizes of each color so are you making a diffrent product for each size? or just a drop down for them to choose the size? ( i could see the benefit for both)

so you would set up the package and in the descpt say they get to choose 4 cystals of any color and size. and below the product descpt would be 4 drop downs listed as say cystal 1, crystal 2, crystal 3 and crystal 4 and beside each one would be two drop downs one for size and one for color.

you would just have to put all the colors in as an option, thats the only thing that would take a bit to do.
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Actually we have it setup as two different products Size 10ss and Size 16ss. The only ones available for the customer to get with the package are the crystals in the 10ss size. So there wouldnt need to be a box to select sizes, just a box to select colors for each of the 4 crystal packs that are included.

Plugin Contributions

or if you want to be lazy, you could just say in the description that they should type in their color choices in the comments section during checkout.
    Zen Cart: Diva Knitting

Plugin Contributions

Re: Special package product

Hi,

I sell Hot-fix too - would love to see your site (especially if you wholesale)

The trouble with fixing attributes (I think - unless anyone has worked out a way to fix this?) is that it doesn't count your stock: ie if you have 5 bags of emerald green 16ss left (and these are listed as stock within the store because you sell them individually too) when someone chooses the kit and selects emerald green 16ss, the stock levels aren't reduced as they would be if someone bought them individually. This could mean that if you don't keep on top of every tiny bag of crystals that people buy items that the website thinks are in stock but which you've run out of.

I could use a solution on this one too.

Bryony