Customers Details - All downloadable products, No need for address details, etc....

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm running a shop that only supplies Downloadable products (E-Book, Artwork, etc.)

I want to negate the need for customers to enter anything but Name, Email address and of course password. I've set these feilds to minimum of 0(zero) but still something needs to entered at sign up.

Also, if it is possible to do how can i remove these boxes from the sign up page?

Cheers in advance...

Dave.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers Details - All downloadable products, No need for address details, etc..

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Customers Details - All downloadable products, No need for address details, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by dmwizzard
    Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm running a shop that only supplies Downloadable products (E-Book, Artwork, etc.)

I want to negate the need for customers to enter anything but Name, Email address and of course password. I've set these feilds to minimum of 0(zero) but still something needs to entered at sign up.
    Dave;

You are going to need those details to pass to the checkout module, or else you probably wont be able to process online payments.

Larry

Idea or Suggestion Re: Customers Details - All downloadable products, No need for address details, etc....

Thank you for reply....

I understand what you mean but does the PayPal module really need said details? As i have advised my new customers to enter dots in these boxes and everything works ok.

My shop only requires users to log on, everthing else is taken up by PayPal's website which has those details. So i can't see why the Z-Cart module would use them.

I would have thought that having a maxium value for the boxes of zero at sign would end the need for input however, sign up users get a form error if nothing is entered.