Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading from zen-cart-v1.3.0.1- to -v1.3.0.2-changed_files_only

Hello, tried uploading the -v1.3.0.2-changed_files_only and ran the installer..got errors.
    Is this the correct way to upgrade ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading from zen-cart-v1.3.0.1- to -v1.3.0.2-changed_files_only

what "errors" did you get?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1- created new dir called update
    2- uploaded the -v1.3.0.2-changed_files_only to it
    3 -typed : www.mydomain.com/update/zc_install/
    got the following errors:

Warning: main(../includes/classes/class.base.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hostsrus/public_html/mydomain/update/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Warning: main(../includes/classes/class.base.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hostsrus/public_html/mydomain/update/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../includes/classes/class.base.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hostsrus/public_html/mydomain/update/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 28

what did I miss out one ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "changed files only" zip file only contains the few files that were edited between v1.3.0.1 and v1.3.0.2.

You CANNOT run a complete site using "changed files only". You'll need the full fileset.... or else copy your 1.3.0.1 site to the new directory, merge the changed-files-only files into it, being careful to preserve your customizations, and THEN try to access the new site

This is not meant to be a negative statement ... but could you explain why you thought "changed files only" would be sufficient? I'm trying to find out if there's a more intuitive way to name it. (no insults intended)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, will merge the v1.3.0.2-changed_files_only into my current install..

:)

Plugin Contributions

had 1.3.0.1 before i upgraded. Upgrade went fine and zencart is 1.3.0.2 BUT the database is 1.3.0.2 BUT on the home page and in admnin its telling me to upgarde.

I upgraded via the zc_install after copying the changed fileset from the zip file, upgraded the DB that way, and if i go to do it again it stataes that

"Upgrade Mode Available

Previous Zen Cart Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 "

any ideas; it isnt the version.php file is it>

tia

Plugin Contributions

mine is solved now via this thread, thanks

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224797

Plugin Contributions

Whats the easiest way to upgrade from 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.0.2 ? Because I got the same error message after running Zc_install... For a newbie, the changed fileset instructions said to install this way... im confused doc can you shead some light how this can be done without screwing anything up... Thanks

Plugin Contributions

For a newbie upgrading is hard, I read the instruction included but still confused on how to upgrade automatically from 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.0.2 anyone have any insight?