Plugin Contributions

Upgraded - Now Everything is Gone!

What do I do? Everything is gone! I backed up the database before hand, tried to restore it and it is giving me this message:

Warning Result code: 1
    Error Failure: The database may NOT have been restored properly. Please check it carefully.

All my products, all my customers, everything gone. Months and months, hours and hours of work gone!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded - Now Everything is Gone!

Save your DB backup...did you also backup your cart files? This is always suggested and usually a prominent warning to any alteration procedure.

What type of Server are you on? OS, mySQL ver, Apache ver, php ver, etc
    What type of access to your host do you have?

Things to do before proceeding:

copy the 2 configure.php files from your host to your PC and keep in a back dir and/or rename so that you know which is the admin version.

Post back with the requested information.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I still have the back up file bit when I opened it it states there are errors and didn't back up right. I didn't get any warning so I didn't worry. I did figure out more why some of this happen. One, my hubby also backed it up (he did it directly on the server), appearently, he got something saying there was an error but didn't tell me nor worry about it. Plus he was the one to do the patching on the database, yeah, he installed instead of upgrading. So I pretty much know by now we are back to square one for the most part. Sigh At least we are working on any bugs I had the last time and making sure there are NONE this time.

But the server is running apache (sp?) and I am directly connected to the server computer through a network.

Diana

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is the size of the backup file that you made? Sounds like you made several backups. Are they all approx the same size? What are their filenames? Are they zipped or not zipped? Have you copied them to your PC?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The one on my PC says 4 KB. They are notepad files. I have one on my PC, one on disc (which should be just the same) and one that was saved directly on the server. Now the one on the server my husband did and after all this, he said it said something about saving but with errors (would have been nice to know that before all this). I have older backups too, but haven't tried them yet.

Diana

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

4K does sound a bit small, but not "empty".
    One way to test if at least all the tables were included in it is to see if the "zones_to_geo_zones" table is listed at the bottom of the file.
    That doesn't guarantee the file is perfect, but it does tell you whether it processed from a-z.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't see it listed. I pretty much figure I have to start over. At least this time I will make sure everything is perfect first.

Thanks for your help!

Diana