Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After upgrade, can not access admin page, get "Illegal Access" on blank screen.

Ok, the only part that I'm not tracking on is how to upgrade the dB with dc_install. When I go through that step, it only asks for the dB name, etc. How do I upgrade?

Thank you so much for your help BTW. I am very grateful. David

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After upgrade, can not access admin page, get "Illegal Access" on blank screen.

Quote Originally Posted by chalagi1
    Ok, the only part that I'm not tracking on is how to upgrade the dB with dc_install. When I go through that step, it only asks for the dB name, etc. How do I upgrade?
    with respect to upgrading, zc_install works like this, starting on the "system inspection" screen:
    - it reads your /includes/configure.php
    - it takes the database settings and attempts to look at the database.
    - if it cannot find or connect to the database specified in the configure.php file, it simply presents an "Install" button
    - if it DOES find said database, and can connect, it will run several tests to determine what "version" the database is "at"
    ---it will then display the version it discovered
    ---it will also present a "Database Upgrade" button beside the "Install" button at the bottom of the page

If you don't see the "Database Upgrade" button, then your configure.php file contains incorrect information ... either it's not pointing to the right database, or you haven't created the database, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for the help, I truly appreciate it. I do alright for myself but am still an aspiring computer junky.

So in my case:

- Using Bluehost, clicked on their "upgrade to 1.3.0.2" script, and the admin part no longer works (this was my fault as I copied some of the wrong files over from the admin folder to restore my "english" pages and writeups).

- Would you recommend ...... Do all backups, then start with a clean install of v1.3.0.2, create a new dB, dump the "demo" data, import the old database, then re-run the zc_install process? Then copy over the files from the "english" folders to restore the text I had entered in the various pages?

What do you recommend? Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

- Using Bluehost, clicked on their "upgrade to 1.3.0.2" script, and the admin part no longer works (this was my fault as I copied some of the wrong files over from the admin folder to restore my "english" pages and writeups).
    I have not inspected any host-provided upgrade mechanisms, and have no idea how much effort they've put in to making them error-free. It's not a process that should be automated, IMO.

- Would you recommend ...... Do all backups, then start with a clean install of v1.3.0.2, create a new dB, dump the "demo" data, import the old database, then re-run the zc_install process? Then copy over the files from the "english" folders to restore the text I had entered in the various pages?

What do you recommend?
    That's the logical approach.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh thank God, it works. Thank you both for your help. Just have to do a few tweaking on the text files but will do that through the admin site.
    Thanks again and I love the product. I'll be PayPalin here in a few to support this product and group.
    Dave
    If at first you don't succeed, buy your competitor's company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12