Plugin Contributions

Can not get to install page!!

I currently have powweb and used the instant installer to get zencart onto my ftp. I changed the config files, and set permissions on those and other files that it says to and when i go to www.atomsatwork.com/catalog and www.atomsatwork.com/catalog/zc_install, i get page not found. I am very new to this, and if anyone can help me I would be very greatful!!!

sg.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can not get to install page!!

Quote Originally Posted by atomsatwork
    I currently have powweb and used the instant installer to get zencart onto my ftp. I changed the config files, and set permissions on those and other files that it says to and when i go to www.atomsatwork.com/catalog and www.atomsatwork.com/catalog/zc_install, i get page not found. I am very new to this, and if anyone can help me I would be very greatful!!!

sg.
    Welcome to zen cart atomsatwork!
    That just means that your files are not copied here but in some folder
    Where did you copy them to exactly?

Plugin Contributions

I kinda had the same problem when i was trying to get my payment module working.. i was using oscommerce and the host that i was using had a auto installer to istall oscommerce... when ever someone would go to check out i would get a 404 error at the chekout-proccess.php... i found that the auto installer installed the catalog that was supost to go to home/public-html/catalog it was going to home/public-html/oscommerce/catalog.... so just make sure in your site file manager that catalog folder is located in your public-html folder. also in my case i could not change where and how the suto installer really installed the files so i had to do alittle code changing in the files to make my payment modules work... umm try trying in you browser www.your site.com/unknown/catalog/zc-install the unkown folder is where your installer really put the catalog folder. you will have to go in your file manager and see what dir. you calalog folder is really in...
    hope this helps you out alittle i had the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

I currently have powweb and used the instant installer to get zencart onto my ftp. I changed the config files
    If you installed using the 1-click install provided by PowWeb (didn't know they did Zen Cart installs) then the install is all done for you. It will be in a folder called 'catalog', so it will be at http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog.

PowWeb runs PHP applications from the CGI Bin and every automated install puts some code into the head of every root level file which references the CGI Bin. Doing a manual install is not an option with PowWeb - it's an automated install or nothing.

I thought PowWeb used FreeBSD servers anyway - in which case this is in the wrong place.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by superprg
    Welcome to zen cart atomsatwork!
    That just means that your files are not copied here but in some folder
    Where did you copy them to exactly?
    Thanks so much for responding, goodness this has been stressful!!!

I used Powweb's "instant Installer" and uploaded them to a database that I created via powweb in the mysql section and directed the download to that database.

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't even try to install on PowWeb at the moment. They recently ran some upgrades and broke their existing customers carts. Many of those sites are still not functioning properly.

Vger