Plugin Contributions

Links point to wrong address - need comparison software

I recently asked my host to change the main domain name for my account. Duly done, my zen cart links have now gone astray and I need to manually update the links within the files.

Can anyone suggest some free software that will allow me to search the language within all the Zen files (ideally a few files in one go) and make an automatic change from the old url to the new one?

All the links now go to my other zen site (where I transferred the old name to) and the problem also means I can't sign into admin rendering the developers toolkit useless until the problem is fixed!

www.bryonyharrison.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Links point to wrong address - need comparison software

Quote Originally Posted by Bryony
    I recently asked my host to change the main domain name for my account. Duly done, my zen cart links have now gone astray and I need to manually update the links within the files.

Can anyone suggest some free software that will allow me to search the language within all the Zen files (ideally a few files in one go) and make an automatic change from the old url to the new one?

All the links now go to my other zen site (where I transferred the old name to) and the problem also means I can't sign into admin rendering the developers toolkit useless until the problem is fixed!

www.bryonyharrison.co.uk
    Well, can you please confirm the value of HTTP_SERVER in includes/configure.php?

It should be as your site name.. http://www.bryonyharrison.co.uk/

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.bryonyharrison.co.uk');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Search tool to run on PC:
    http://www.wingrep.com/

Your /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php files are used to point Zen Cart to the right URL. In those files, you need to update several entries to match the new information:
    HTTP_SERVER
    HTTPS_SERVER
    HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER (in admin file only)
    HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER (in admin file only)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Links point to wrong address - need comparison software

I have checked the configure files - they both have the correct information.

Thanks for the link to Windows Grep DrByte - that's a remarkably fast way of searching! Unfortunately it hasn't located the old url anywhere within the text - so why is this happening?

I also experimentally temporarily deleted the root .htaccess file but this has also had no effect.

(just to confuse you all my site is actually harrisonwalton.info and the bryonyharrison.co.uk is a redirect) All the files appear to refer correctly to harrisonwalton.info

The offending url is shaggydogcrafts.co.uk

Any more ideas anyone?

View my troublesome site: http://www.harrisonwalton.info

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would seem like maybe your harrisonwalton URL is merely parked on the shaggydogcrafts account, rather than being the primary domain on the account.

Sounds like you need to talk to your host.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Links point to wrong address - need comparison software

I've fixed it!

It was the admin/configure file - I thought I'd overwritten the original with my updated version but the secure permissions had stopped the overwrite.

Thank you for your help - without which I'd have been struggling for days!

I'm also very impressed with the Windows Grep tool - how did I ever get by without it?

Plugin Contributions

One more such tool
    TextPad
    Its a text editor with lots of search features