Plugin Contributions

Default Barclays ePDQ Module - Redirect/Email upon Payment Failure - Help!

Hi there,

I am new to zenCart but have experience elsewhere - I have been hired by my client to fix their zencart site. They are using epdq. One of the problems they have is that upon a card payment failing, the customer is not redirected back to the payment page to try again nor are they sent an email saying this. I would like upon failure for the user to be returned to the payment page and, if possible to also have an email sent to them notifying them of the failure. The code that matters (I think - correct me if I am wrong) is 'epdqcpi_redirector.php' and the current code is as follows:

<?
    require('includes/application_top.php');
    $txn_status=epdqcpi_transaction_status($_GET['oid']);

switch (true) {
    case ($txn_status == 'Success') :
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCE SS, '', 'SSL', true)) ;
    break;

case (substr($txn_status,0,8) == 'DECLINED') :
    case (substr($txn_status,0,23) == 'Awaiting confirmation. ') :
    default: // errors and problems with systems etc
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYME NT, '', 'SSL', true)) ;
    break;

}

zen_exit();
    ?>
    Please can someone advise me as to the correct code on how to fix this and some more info on it - I should learn what is occuring not just the exact fix.

Thanks
    Gooseman

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Barclays ePDQ Module - Redirect/Email upon Payment Failure - Help!

Your success message need to go to checkout process.

Plugin Contributions

Apologies I am new to ZenCart - I am doing this for a client - please explain in more detail (I understand PHP etc).

Thanks
    Goose

Plugin Contributions

Bump...........

Plugin Contributions

I have changed the above "FILENAME CHECKOUT SUCCESS" TO "FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS" - that's fine.

I've changed FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYME NT to FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION which is where I want failed payers to go BUT I also want them to be told their payment has failed - I have tried a few method unsuccessfully - I guess the best method would be a very simple redirect page i.e.:

ePDQ proceess finishes (failing) > failure message sent to the code below > code below I want to send it to a page which will simply say payment has failed or something - doesnt even need a shop frame, possibly just a simple HTML refresh page > this simple page would say what it does then have a link to go back to the "CHECKOUT CONFIRMATION" page knowing that they have to process their card details again through EPDQ.

So I know what I want, I guess it's not too tricky but I just cant do it myself!

A little advice would be great!
    Thanks
    Goose

Plugin Contributions

BUMP - this is my client's top priority at the moment! Any help is needed!
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

BUMP
    A little help please!
    Thanks
    Goose

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Checkout_confirmation does not let them enter new payment details. You want checkout_payment if there is a failure.

2. other payment modules use the $messageStack to display alerts:

Code:
        global $messageStack;
        // If the response code is not 1 (approved) then redirect back to the payment page with the appropriate error message
        if ($x_response_code != '1') {
          $messageStack->add_session('checkout_payment', $x_response_text . ' - ' . MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE, 'error');
          zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL', true, false));
        }
    Perhaps using other modules might help with this and other aspects of your current needs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr!

Problem solved.

Goose