Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloaded file error message

Hi Ajeh, Thanks for your prompt reply, Here are my answers of all of the questions you asked...
    You either have bad files uploaded that you are downloading ... or you have incomplete downloads occuring ... All downloads are valid files and complete files... If I try to download the file from direct link it works fine.

Do you receive the downloads by the correct name? YES

Are they the correct size? YES

Is this a unix or windows server? Windows

How large are the downloads? I've upload three files all under 1 MB

Do the filenames for the downloads contain spaces, special characters or extra periods beyond the filename.ext= No all are simple files names.. eg ajk.zip etc.zip

Are the all loaded to /download directory? Yes all under download main directory

Is pub set to 777? YES PUB directory has 777 permissions

If unix is Redirect turned ON : NA

If windows is Redirect turned OFF? YES

Do small downloads of less than 100k work? NO

Do you see the green dot next to the filename on the Attributes Controller? YES

Plugin Contributions

Who are you hosting with?

Has this ever worked?

And the downloads you manually do don't throw the bad Zip file error when you attempt to open them?

What happens if you delete one, and reload it? Now can you get it from the My Account of the order?

Have you attempted to turn on in the Configuration ... Attribute Settings ...
    Download by streaming
    If download-by-redirect is disabled, and your PHP memory_limit setting is under 8 MB, you might need to enable this setting so that files are streamed in smaller segments to the browser.

Has no effect if Download By Redirect is enabled.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick response again, You surprised me :) thanks you so much..
    here are the answers accordingly,
    I am running this website on my own hosting at home, so for sure I've got full access to change everything :)
    I tested it few days ago.. and it was worked for a couple of times when I tested and put it online, but later on it stopped working, and I believe I didnt change any thing after that except adding 2 more products.
    I've tested it with both off and on setting in Atribute Settings, but invain

whereas "If download-by-redirect is disabled, and your PHP memory_limit setting is under 8 MB, you might need to enable this setting so that files are streamed in smaller segments to the browser." I need to check it later once i get back to home.
    do you think that might be the reason, or if there is any other thing i need to change please advise,,,

Plugin Contributions

Could be ...

When you get it to a real server it would be a lot easier to determin these things and assure that there are not errors in your setup on your home system ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, It me again, with same file downloading problem.
    If I enable download-by-redirect and my php PHP memory_limit is 8 MB, it just download 108 KB segment despite of showing 0.98 MB total file size.
    But if I disable download-by-redirect then it download the complete file but cant open it .. same problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try hosting it from a commercial location and you'll likely find that it works fine. I suspect it's a configuration issue on your home server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Downloaded file error message

Mate I've been using commercial server for long time, but there were so many other issues.
    Also I've been working for a hosting company and server admin, if there is any server config error I need to find out and solve it. Everything is in my control and I can solve it. I am sure ;)

Plugin Contributions

Re: Downloaded file error message

HI Ajeh, For some reason its working fine when I try to download it from my home system, I deleted all temp files and even all instances of abc.zip file, but it worked fine, but now when I try to downlooad the same file here, it started giving me same erro...

Plugin Contributions

I am really not following what you are trying to say ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Oh sorry I made it bit complex...
    - I deleted all the temp files from my home PC
    - I loged in as test user
    - downloaded the file from my site without any error
    But unable to open the downloaded files from anywhere else (same error)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast