Plugin Contributions

Default Removing right-pane elements in product info

I am almost set with my cart :)

Though, I am having a hard time finding the settings for removing some things from the RIGHT side of the page that show up after I select an item to look at in the shopping cart.

Essentially I am removing these because they do not need to be there, and also, I want to have the product section be wider, by removing them.

I have searched the forum, and of course, the pages and settings in the cart system, and cannot find anything! Although, in my travels here, I found other things that were greatly helpful - go me!

Anyway, if someone can point me into the direction, whether it be modifying a PHP page or simply turning off an option on the control panel, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Example of page:
    http://iqgrid.com/zen/index.php?main...&products_id=1

As you can see, the RIGHT handed pane has things I do not want there such as: Nofications, Tell a friend, and Manufacture Info Boxes.

Thanks again!!!

EDITED: Never, ever post the zen_id (session id) in a forum, email, newsgroup, newsletter, advertisement, etc. etc. etc. or you will be doomed ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 12 Jul 2006 at 03:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing right-pane elements in product info

See this thread.

You can use the principle to test for current page = product info.
    PHP Code:
    if ($current_page=='product_info') {

$flag_disable_right true;
      } 
    (Double check whether "product_info" is the correct name.)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! Actually I found all the instances of these elements in the control panel, and removed them that way. A lot quicker than dealing with the code - which I am familiar with, but I dont want to spend a lot of time explaining all this to the customer when I am done with it.

And thanks for the intructions, also :)

-AZM

Plugin Contributions

Oh well, what you *asked* about requires the code change. Although I do agree with your decision to globally disable the right sidebar, especially with the narrow page width you have chosen. Looks like you have a classy color scheme going, warm and natural - I hope you'll post when the site is done.

Plugin Contributions

I was browsing and noticed that not only are you using the Classic template to build your new site, you have piled stylesheet.css on top of stylesheet_new and stylesheet_original.

If you expect this site to ever in the future be upgraded to a new version for function or security, it would be much kinder to whoever is going to do it to use the template_default as a base to build from. Classic was intended to ease upgrades from old versions of Zen Cart, and will not be compatible with current versions indefinitely. And the combination of stylesheets will make modification that much more cumbersome. Also, the /classic directory will be overwritten in an upgrade, erasing all customizations in it.

Good luck!