Plugin Contributions

Default Manufacturer URL on the Product Display page

Hi, I've been trying to figure this out all morning and I just can't get it to work. What I want to do is have the manufacturer's logo on the product display page, and have it clickable so it opens up the manufacturer's page in a new window. There are several threads I found to be helpful, but I haven't quite got it to work.

My Site: http://www.midwayrentalsandsales.com
    My test product with a manufacturer set: Test Product

I got the logo to show up correctly from this thread: Manufacturer Image in Product Display

And I tried this thread for getting the url to work: Manufacturer's URL in Product Info Display

It just keeps setting the url as the store's own homepage, I checked the code I pasted and it's correct from the threads, and I made sure that the url is stored in the database, and it is as "http://www.makita.com"

I also tried turning on the manufacturer info sidebox (though I don't want to use it) but it is also just having the link redirect to the homepage of the zen store. I have tried setting the url in the "products url" under the Categories/Products admin section. No dice.

I put all the edited file into template folders, so if I did something wrong I can easily go back and start over.. but I'm really lost at this point because I'm not sure why the url isn't working. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturer URL on the Product Display page

Do you want something like this

Use the Manufacturers About module. Look for it on the old downloads, it works perfectly on 1.3.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Yes, that's what I want, but I don't want it in a sidebox. The left menu is already ridiculously long on the site and they want to keep the design as clean as possible. I will look up the module though, and see if there's code that can help me.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

If you are good coding, I may suggest you the "Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based", where you can add tabs to a product having everything on organized tabs for the buyer. Then you can create a tab for "Manufacturer" where you can add there the parameters wanted.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, unfortunately it's up to the client really and if they want to pay me to clean it up.. which is unlikely. Originally there were only about 20 categories and they have since added quite a bit on their own.

I'm not finding this module though, where's the old downloads section?

Plugin Contributions

Okay.. the manufacturer's sidebox WAS working.. I was just a moron and didn't actually click the link to check it. Doh. I'm gonna see if I can't mess with the code from that and figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, for anyone else that wants to know:

I just copied the manufacturer_info.php from the sideboxes folder and pasted it into my includes/templates/mytemplate/templates folder with my tpl_product_info_display.php. Then I created a php include of the sidebox so it displays right on the product page instead of in a side column.

Plugin Contributions

can it just be possible to click on the name of the manufacturer and it to follow to his official page ?
    Negative feelings were burned by the progressive increase of Euphoria

Plugin Contributions

Can you explain a bit more what you did. I can follow the first sentence, where you copy the files into the /includes/templates/mytemplate/templates folder, but I'm not clear on your second sentence.