Plugin Contributions

Default Flat Rate Shipping doesn't update to shopping cart

Hello all, I just installed v1.3.9h and added in about 70 items. The per items shipping was setup by default and the extra amount would update the cart when I tested it. However, I disabled the per item method and enabled flat rate, but it won't show in the cart checkout. That's when I enabled per item again and now it won't update.

Am I missing something simple here?

I checked in the FAQs section, but there wasn't anything like this in there.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flat Rate Shipping doesn't update to shopping cart

Check that if using Sort Orders that you have a Sort Order that is unique to each shipping module ... and if using 1 Sort Order, it is best to use a Sort Order on ALL shipping modules ...

Check to see if you are using Zone settings on the shipping module ... if you are not blocking an address from using the shipping module then set the Zone to NONE ...

If you do need a Zone on a shipping module, check your Zone Definition and check the DETAILS that you have set these up correctly ... a Zone Definition with NO details will block all addresses and not show ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, I think I've figured it out. I'm using paypal payments and the option to click goto paypal checkout is on by default. It bypassed the shipping area. I disabled it, so customers have to sign up and run thru the shipping portion of the checkout. Thanks for the great answer, but I'm sorry to waste your time.

Plugin Contributions

Never a waste of time ... your explanation for the cause will help others with a similar problem ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!