Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Address Exporter Question

Quote Originally Posted by fandang View Post
    when I click on the newly-created "Export Email Addresses" link in the Tools section of my Admin area, the result is "HTTP 404 Not Found" The webpage cannot be found.
    You don't need any special permissions on the files in the contribution. Put them back to their defaults.

When you hover over the "Export Email Addresses" link, what's the URL it shows you it's going to go to? ie: click on it. What's the URL in the browser address bar?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    When you hover over the "Export Email Addresses" link, what's the URL it shows you it's going to go to? ie: click on it. What's the URL in the browser address bar?
    When I hover over the link, the URL in the status bar shows: /cart/admin/email_export.php?zenAdminID=7a8e257c61c67022bc49711c7a792009

When I actually click on the link, it takes me to: /cart/admin/denied.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh.

Have you installed the Admin Profiles or Admin Levels addon? If so, you need to update the permissions to allow you to access the new admin "page" represented by the exporter, by following the instructions in the mod's readme file.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have you installed the Admin Profiles or Admin Levels addon? If so, you need to update the permissions to allow you to access the new admin "page" represented by the exporter, by following the instructions in the mod's readme file.
    I have no idea. My website is hosted by Heritage Website Design, and they set everything up for me. I'm just learning about all this. How would I be able to tell if those Admin add-ons are installed, and where might I find a copy of the associated readme files?

Thanks so much for your help,
    Diana

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Tools->Admin Settings->Edit Permissions

The Admin Profiles mod files are here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=86 ... including the readme.

Plugin Contributions

Admin->Tools->Admin Settings->Edit Permissions
    I don't have "Admin Settings" in the Tools section of my Admin.

Does this mean the problem lies elsewhere... or does it mean my web hosting company has me locked out of the Tools-->Admin Settings I need?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It means someone with more permissions than you has locked you out of making changes they think you might get confused with.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Email Address Exporter Question

THANKS for this mod, it will really help. Is there a way to get it to export ALL 100% of the email address's regardless of subscription status?

Unfortunately I have COWOA (this is a great mod, but) installed and I have some customers with up to 6 entries so I am going to have to do some dup checking...

Is there a way to get the stock Tools/Send Email program to check for dups and send only one eMail per address?

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff4Toys View Post
    THANKS for this mod, it will really help. Is there a way to get it to export ALL 100% of the email address's regardless of subscription status?
    Use phpMyAdmin to browse the query_builder table. Edit the "All Customers" entry so the query_category setting is "email, newsletters".
    That will cause it to export email addresses of all customers in the customers table when you choose the "all customers" option.
    I don't recommend just blindly emailing everyone though ...

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this mod but when I click on the export email addresses I get this:

The requested URL /shop/admin/email_export.php was not found on this server.

What do I need to do to this to make it work?

Do I need to download the admin module as suggested previously?

Many thanks in advance

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast