Thread: Ask A Question

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ask A Question

thanks so much

hi , i used this mod,and i can see a few hopes for it.

1.hope all ask products meta were different (as: ask a question- products_name),but now it display all page same as:
    <title>Ask a Question : Hikvision/DaHua Cameras and NVR| Brands name Handbags high heels shoes</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="Security Cameras Security Accessories Surveillance Video Recorder(NVR) DIY Customized Plant video surveillance lens Monitoring Keyboards Tote handbags& purse Shoes& Boots Clothes Belt Ask a Question" />
    <meta name="description" content="Hikvision/DaHua Cameras and NVR| Brands name Handbags high heels shoes : Ask a Question - Security Cameras Security Accessories Surveillance Video Recorder(NVR) DIY Customized Plant video surveillance lens Monitoring Keyboards Tote handbags& purse Shoes& Boots Clothes Belt " />

so i hope it will get the tittle: "ask a question for products_name(get from products meta)"
    keywords:"ask a question, products_keywords(get from products meta)"
    description:" ask a question for products_description(get from products meta)"

page: http://www.targetmarts.com/ask_a_que...roducts_id=656 (http://www.targetmarts.com/ask_a_question?products_id=*)

2. i used Ultimate URLs ,so i hope the urls display as http://www.targetmarts.com/ask_a_que...cts_id as p-*)

hope get full help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by targetmarts; 25 Mar 2018 at 03:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by targetmarts View Post
    hi , i used this mod,and i can see a few hopes for it.

1.hope all ask products meta were different (as: ask a question- products_name),but now it display all page same as:
    Code:
    <title>Ask a Question : Hikvision/DaHua Cameras and NVR| Brands name Handbags high heels shoes</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="Security Cameras Security Accessories Surveillance Video Recorder(NVR) DIY Customized Plant video surveillance lens Monitoring Keyboards Tote handbags& purse Shoes& Boots Clothes Belt  Ask a Question" />
    <meta name="description" content="Hikvision/DaHua Cameras and NVR| Brands name Handbags high heels shoes : Ask a Question - Security Cameras Security Accessories Surveillance Video Recorder(NVR) DIY Customized Plant video surveillance lens Monitoring Keyboards Tote handbags& purse Shoes& Boots Clothes Belt " />
    so i hope it will get the tittle:
    Code:
    "ask a question for products_name(get from products meta)"
    keywords:
    Code:
    "ask a question, products_keywords(get from products meta)"
    description:
    Code:
    " ask a question for products_description(get from products meta)"
    page: 2. i used Ultimate URLs ,so i hope the urls display as http://www.targetmarts.com/ask_a_que...cts_id as p-*)

hope get full help.
    Thanks
    So part 1 may be covered elsewhere in this forum, but is definitely related to this thread. But as time permits I'll look into what it would take to generate the desired meta data (of course anyone may post such a solution).

Part 2 is related to USU and should be addressed in the thread there as there this plugin does not modify the uri.

Even if using Ceon URI Mapping I would suggest the same, though it provides support for specifically designating uris and could be modified to auto-generate uri's for this plugin.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I installed the latest version on zencart 1.5.5, but in Configuration->E-Mail Options I do not see the plugin settings

Allow Guest To Ask A Product Question ...
    Ask A Question Email To: ...
    Ask A Question Name To ...

can you help me on what I can check?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by echexxxxxxxx10 View Post
    Hi, I installed the latest version on zencart 1.5.5, but in Configuration->E-Mail Options I do not see the plugin settings

Allow Guest To Ask A Product Question ...
    Ask A Question Email To: ...
    Ask A Question Name To ...

can you help me on what I can check?
    Those options are no longer part of the plugin beginning in version 1.3 of ask a question. The ask a question page functions like the contact us page, except additional information is passed to the store owner related to the product being asked about.

An original installation of this plugin at this point does not modify the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Those options are no longer part of the plugin beginning in version 1.3 of ask a question. The ask a question page functions like the contact us page, except additional information is passed to the store owner related to the product being asked about.

An original installation of this plugin at this point does not modify the database.
    thanks for the clarification :arrossire:

Plugin Contributions

Do we think it is likely this plugin will function with 1.5.6? It is exactly what I require.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pingfah View Post
    Do we think it is likely this plugin will function with 1.5.6? It is exactly what I require.
    Yes it is expected as well it has already been merged with ZC 1.5.7 at least for general products. There are possibly some changes that could be incorporated into the header_php.php file to align more with the contact_us version of the file, but otherwise should work. Be sure to review the instructions.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I have installed it and I can confirm it does indeed work with 1.5.6.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So part 1 may be covered elsewhere in this forum, but is definitely related to this thread. But as time permits I'll look into what it would take to generate the desired meta data (of course anyone may post such a solution).

Part 2 is related to USU and should be addressed in the thread there as there this plugin does not modify the uri.

Even if using Ceon URI Mapping I would suggest the same, though it provides support for specifically designating uris and could be modified to auto-generate uri's for this plugin.
    I have been having the same thought, but would a better option perhaps be to have it generate a canonical link back to the original product page to inform crawlers that the page has no importance, rather than generate distinct meta data for each page?

Does anybody have any idea on how that might be achieved?

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast