Thread: Ask A Question

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ask A Question

Thx SwGuy

I hadnt thought of using the Meta_tags.php file so will use both options on different sites and report back which work.

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

I must be losing my sight, where exactly do you find the duplicate content report in the webmaster tools?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Just tested both methods and adding ask_a_question to the ROBOTS_PAGES_TO_SKIP in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php worked

Adding Disallow: /*ask_a_question to the robots.txt file did not work when using a sitemap crawler as it included all ask_a_question pages associated with every product.

Torvista: Meant duplicate description not content - and that can be found under Optimisation > HTMl improvements on GWT

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

Just a question, we have products in our website but for a specific product, the email must be sent to another email address and not to us? How can this be done? I tried modifying the module so that the "Ask a Question" link would not appear on that specific product but it is actually not working (I tried changing if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) to if (isset($_GET['products_id']) !== '127'). Either modifying the contact email address or just hiding the "Ask a Question" link would be fine. Many thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

The mail is sent in includes/modules/pages/ask_a_question/header.php. So you could check $_GET['products_id'] there before the zen_mail call and send it to the other person if appropriate.

As an aside though, since this is your store, you might want to keep control of all inbound email and just manually forward it to the other person so you can control follow up.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    The mail is sent in includes/modules/pages/ask_a_question/header.php. So you could check $_GET['products_id'] there before the zen_mail call and send it to the other person if appropriate.

As an aside though, since this is your store, you might want to keep control of all inbound email and just manually forward it to the other person so you can control follow up.
    How do you do this?

Plugin Contributions

Hey-Ho!

great mod still working great for many years now! one or two gibberish spams would come and go over the years but now Im getting 100+ spams a day via AAQ, does the contact us CSS thingy work on AAQ? or is adding reCaptcha the only option?
    Zencart 1.3.9h - PHP 5.2.13 - My SQL 5.0.84 - Apache 1.3.41

Plugin Contributions

Just installed in 1.5.1 and works great. I added a few extra fields to the form and it sends fine.

But, I'd really like to make the Ask a Question into a Popup Form on the product page so the customer is never taken away from the product he is interested in. Any chance someone would be able to help me get this working?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Hey-Ho!

great mod still working great for many years now! one or two gibberish spams would come and go over the years but now Im getting 100+ spams a day via AAQ, does the contact us CSS thingy work on AAQ? or is adding reCaptcha the only option?
    Update, got AAQ working with the CSS AntiSpam solution from the contact us form http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...60#post1143960
    Zencart 1.3.9h - PHP 5.2.13 - My SQL 5.0.84 - Apache 1.3.41

Plugin Contributions

thanks ,,I've tried it a few times now and it never works for me ..weird

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast