Thread: Ask A Question

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ask A Question

Hi,

I have successfully added a telephone number field on the Ask a question template and was wanting to have a captcha on it.

I was able to make the captcha come out but I can't figure out where to insert the code in the header.php.php for it to check the captcha?

Right now, it accepts anything you type in it.

Appreciate your help on this! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hello.

I would also add the field name and email, phone (not compulsory) and population and postal code required.

I added codes and do not see how I get the blank web ... it is clear that I do not

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share these files where I was successfully able to add a telephone number field and captcha on the ask a question form. I am not a programmer so please test and use at your own risk.

The telephone number field will appear on the Office Use only portion of the email that you recieve when someone asks a question. I haven't been able to figure out how to make it come out on top, maybe someone can work on this?

Quote Originally Posted by donostiarra123 View Post
    Hello.

I would also add the field name and email, phone (not compulsory) and population and postal code required.

I added codes and do not see how I get the blank web ... it is clear that I do not

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Sorry forgot the attachment: Download it here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Wn...cG9sMHhMWEE9PQ

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Ask A Question

I have added the Ask_A_Question to a clean zen cart installation on my local computer. I am using Zen cart 1.3.8. The problem I have is that on my home page I get a statement above my welcome that says "Ask a Question". This also occurs on my product catagory pages. I hve recheck all the file placement to make sure they are correct. I also used the optional sidebox addon. I am lost as to what I need to do to correct the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Decostyle View Post
    Sorry forgot the attachment: Download it here:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Wn...cG9sMHhMWEE9PQ
    It's expired on that site, could you please attach it here or possibly package it up as an update to the contribution? Or you can email it to me, I am about to post an update to this mod and can incorporate your changes into mine. I'll give you credit for the code blocks in the files and readme. m a t t (a t ) d r u m f a c t o r y d i r e c t (d o t ) c o m

The update I am about to post to the downloads uses the ddaccordion script to hide the form on the product info page, you are no longer taken to another page to ask a question as the form is now embedded in the product info page. I find that it makes it a better experience for the user since they never leave the page, and the javascript accordion effect is cool. You can place the form anywhere on the product page apart from inside of the product/add to cart form.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supplyman View Post
    I have added the Ask_A_Question to a clean zen cart installation on my local computer. I am using Zen cart 1.3.8. The problem I have is that on my home page I get a statement above my welcome that says "Ask a Question". This also occurs on my product catagory pages. I hve recheck all the file placement to make sure they are correct. I also used the optional sidebox addon. I am lost as to what I need to do to correct the problem.
    It sounds like you might have uploaded a file to a wrong directory. The easiest way to find out is in the admin panel. Go to tools>developers toolkit. In the last field at the bottom enter the string Ask A Question, and select catalog from the dropdown next to it. See where all instances occur and compare to the original installation files to see if something is out of place. The developer's toolkit is the first place to turn when you are trying to hunt down errant bits of code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    It's expired on that site, could you please attach it here or possibly package it up as an update to the contribution? Or you can email it to me, I am about to post an update to this mod and can incorporate your changes into mine.
    PLEASE DON'T DO THIS.

If you want to create a new mod, that's fine but don't update this one, particularly changes from someone whose documentation begins with the statement, "I'm not a programmer." Lots of people will not want the complexities of captcha and additional scripts.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    PLEASE DON'T DO THIS.

If you want to create a new mod, that's fine but don't update this one, particularly changes from someone whose documentation begins with the statement, "I'm not a programmer." Lots of people will not want the complexities of captcha and additional scripts.
    Ah, sorry, I reread what I posted and I apologize for the confusion. What I meant to say was that I am going to post an updated version as a separate module to include the accordion effect etc. I wouldn't post an update to a module without first contacting the original author! Sorry!

Plugin Contributions

I've installed the "AAQ" and I'm using the latest version of Zen.

I followed the instructions provided.

HTML Code:
    Move includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    to your own template directory, if it's not already there.  
    In this file, find:  <!-- eof Product details list -->

On the following line, insert this block of code: 

<span id="productQuestions" class="biggerText">
       <br />
       <b><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ASK_A_QUESTION, 'products_id=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '">' . ASK_A_QUESTION . '</a>'; ?></b>
       </span>
       <br class="clearBoth" />

Alternately, you may use the button provided.  To do this, insert

<div id="askQuestion" class="biggerText">
       <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ASK_A_QUESTION, 'products_id='
       . $_GET['products_id']) . '">' .
       zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_ASK_A_QUESTION, BUTTON_ASK_A_QUESTION_ALT) .
       '</a>'; ?></div>
       <br />
       <br class="clearBoth" />
    The button link show's up fine on the product page. However when I click on it. the link just takes me to,

index.php?main_page=FILENAME_ASK_A_QUESTION&products_id=416

I thought the latest version as as easy as copying over one file into the includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_product_info_display.php

I even created a new path with my template name.

Why isn't this working when I click on it?

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast