Thread: cant upgrade

Plugin Contributions

Default cant upgrade

upgrading from 127 to current. okay I manually made a new database and added all relevant data from old db into a new one. then ran zen installation with new db and ran db upgrade. result:

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_categories_parent_id_zen on table categories because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_customer_id_zen on table coupon_gv_customer because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_paypal_paypal_ipn_id_zen on table paypal because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_prod_opt_val_id_zen on table products_options_values because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists

can't access admin:

Warning: main(/home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/includes/functions/sessions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 13

Warning: main(/home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/includes/functions/sessions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/includes/functions/sessions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 13

cant access the store since we have automatic redirect for missing pages... any clues where to start

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cant upgrade

You say you reloaded the database with all pertinent info - ummmm I believe that you didn't get all of it because there are things zen can't find.

I have never ever had a problem upgrading my way - though it's not the way they say to do it.

# 1 Install a CLEAN new zen cart. In a seperate folder on your site.
    # 2 Dump the tables created on your new install completely out of your NEW database.
    # 3 Import your ENTIRE old database to the new one that you just dumped.
    # 4 Run the installer to upgrade the database
    # 5 Install mods that are used on the site
    # 6 Set up your template and implement it.
    # 7 Test to be sure all is well
    # 8 modify configuration files and move to live location on the server.

Done it over and over again since version 1.2.3 and I have never ever had a problem. I have done it this way on sites running extremely out dated carts and still no problem.

Your problems to me indicate that you didn't upload and install the new version first and then do the upgrade maybe ? I am not sure what all is creating the errors you list, but maybe you didn't perform the upgrade correctly or completely.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

do you have the DB prefix of ZEN_ on your database,
    if so then manually running the update scripts in phpmyadmin wont work unless you make the changes to every line
    adding the prefix
    so insert into configure will become insert into zen_configure
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index idx_prod_opt_val_id_zen on table products_options_values because it does not exist.
    The above warnings are just notices. In most cases they can be safely ignored.

Warning: main(/home/content/t/w/o/tpo/html/met/includes/functions/sessions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Sounds like you're missing a file. Maybe your FTP upload timed-out or otherwise didn't completely upload all the files?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.