Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Linkpoint / YourPay API

has there been any reports of problems with this? I don't see anything in the forums and I'm not sure where my problem is. It's okaying expired cards and cards with incorrect expiration dates. Shouldn't this be automatic and not part of the fraud settings with linkpoint? I don't have access to this customer's linkpoint account.

Oh and by the way the automatic email service is not working - I'm not receiving notiices of my posts.
    Last edited by DrByte; 13 Jul 2006 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Split post to new topic
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint / YourPay API Difficulties

Which version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Which version of the LinkPoint module do you have?
    When an order is "okayed", what is the authorization-code in the order's "history" details?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

zen 1.3.02 (latest?)
    and the latest version sans the htacess file which I did myself

normal stuff
    Credit Card payment. ***AUTHORIZATION ONLY -- CHARGES WILL BE SETTLED LATER BY THE ADMINISTRATOR.*** AUTH: 1994440134316143:YYYN:400480029821:. TransID: 471CBACF-44B6AD10-145-1061BC.

according to my customer, Linkpoint is saying that isn't abnormal but I would assume there are some settings in Linkpoint for fraud prevention that would restrict that.

So it seems the module is working as it should but this is scary - someone needs to write up what else needs to be done in linkpoint to get all the validations necessary - I'll be glad to but don't have access to Linkpoint.

(subscribing to threads for auto email isn't working - and I'm not talking about this one.)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

but this is scary - someone needs to write up what else needs to be done in linkpoint to get all the validations necessary
    I don't follow your statement.

If you are only "Authorizing" a payment, this is normal.
    If you instead with to directly "capture" the payment, simply set the switch in the Linkpoint module's settings in Zen Cart's admin.

If you're not understanding the difference between "authorize" vs "capture", then it's simply a matter of educating about how credit card transactions work:
    - if you "authorize" a card, then you must later "capture" the actual payment. This is much like a motel will swipe your card upon checkin ("authorize"), but not take actual payment until you checkout ("capture") because the "final" amount isn't known until you checkout.
    In an online store, most often a direct "capture" is the right approach; however, some shops may manually calculate shipping or other charges before finally capturing the charges and notifying the customer of the details manually. In this case, they would want to use "authorize" instead of directly "capturing".

There are a number of other issues related to running a merchant account that perhaps your merchant can explain more thoroughly to you via their customer service team.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

so are you saying that if we change to capture - it will work differently? I was only using that for testing purposes since I can't cancel my own sales. I'll change it to capture and let them test the dang thing!

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a different problem with the Linkpoint API.

I'm getting the same error on every transaction, Live or Test.

In the Admin section:

*CUSTOMER ERROR*
    5419XXXXXXXX0003
    Expires: /

payment_error=linkpoint_api &error=The credit card number starting with 5419 was not entered correctly or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.

FAIL **CC Info Failed Validation during pre-processing**
    Cart Error Message:

The credit card number starting with 5419 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.[linkpoint_api]

It's the newest LP mod in the download section.
    My cart is the latest version 1.3.2(?).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
    The transactions aren't showing up in the LinkPoint logs either, so I'm assuming it must be a problem on the 'cart' side of the transaction.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What credit card options are enabled in Admin->Configuration->Credit Cards?

It sounds like the card-type entered doesn't match the list of enabled types.... or else it's truly not entered accurately.

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that your host is linkpoint friendly,
    They need to have port 1129 open
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

DrByte and All,

I still get this error message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives."

I've checked and the curl is enabled, I've downloaded the .pem file and put it in the folder that it belongs in, my port 1129 is open for my site, I have another store up and running and am using the zencart as a test store until I get the hang of it and then will switch from oscommerce.

I have the linkpoint module in test mode but have also tried it in live mode, both with the 4111111111111111 and a real credit card.

Any help, please?

I really like zencart and wish to replace my other shopping cart asap.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    What credit card options are enabled in Admin->Configuration->Credit Cards?

It sounds like the card-type entered doesn't match the list of enabled types.... or else it's truly not entered accurately.
    You were right! I had emailed my host to make sure the port was open and he realized I hadn't set up the accepted credit cards.

Once I did that, everything went just fine. I had forgotten to return to this thread and update that the problem was solved until I saw the new post today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast