Plugin Contributions

Default Orders Show Pending

Is there something that needs to be done for the orders to actually process? Did I set up something wrong in the payment module

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders Show Pending

pending is the default setting - if you want to change it to processed or something you would edit the order.

If you want the default status to be processed, you set that in your payment module options.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

The way I was hoping the orders would work or could work, was the customer goes to the website, clicks the buy here, which takes them to the Zen shopping cart. They enter their credit card info, which is connected to Authorize.Net payment gateway, and the order process by authorizing, capturing, and settling the credit card. Is this possible, or is Zen cart not the right product for me? Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

That is exactly how it works - the status pending which you are referring to in the cart is for your records. Authorize.net will notify you of the settled payment and then you would change the pending to process manually.

That pending status doesn't really tell you if payment is complete or anything.

Does that make sense ?
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TinaS
    That is exactly how it works - the status pending which you are referring to in the cart is for your records. Authorize.net will notify you of the settled payment and then you would change the pending to process manually.

That pending status doesn't really tell you if payment is complete or anything.

Does that make sense ?
    I have set up 3 or 4 shopping carts but this one does not operate the same, at least it does not appear. The other shopping carts charged so maybe there more robust types of carts.

I am sorry but it is not clear. Is there way I can speak to someone or someone call me? I have a toll free number if someone would be willing to call.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you have the authorize.net module in Zen Cart set to "capture", then the order will be automatically set to "Pending" (if you have not changed it).

Why are you wanting to authorize first and then capture later?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Credit Card transaction do three things, they authorize first, caputure, and then settle. I confirmed with Authorize.Net that 6 of the 27 orders that were processed through Zen cart authorized and captured. The settlement will happen later this evening automatically by Authorize.Net. Should I change the setting in the Zen cart to show processed as the default? I don't want to go into Zen Cart to update it. The product that the customer purchases doesn't need to ship. I only need the person's name and address to reserve their space. We are only selling spaces, no products to ship. Now the other question I had, the first 21 transactions were done with the Zen cart in test mode. Is there way to convert to process into Authorize.Net. I would manually do it, but the Zen cart doesn't have an area that I can see the credit card number that was used. Thanks in advance, hopefully I made things a little clearer as to what I am trying to accomplish.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by estymc
    Should I change the setting in the Zen cart to show processed as the default?
    For the transactions that DID get processed by Authorize.net, YES, you should set them to "Processing".

I don't want to go into Zen Cart to update it. The product that the customer purchases doesn't need to ship.
    If you set the Zen Cart authorize.net module to set approved orders to "Processing", then it'll automatically do that when the payment is approved.

Now the other question I had, the first 21 transactions were done with the Zen cart in test mode. Is there way to convert to process into Authorize.Net.
    No. Transactions in test mode are not recorded. Those customers' cards have not been charged.
    There is no record of their card information for you to do it manually.

By the way, if you don't like the term "Processing", you could change it to "Paid" instead.... goto Admin->Localization->Orders Status ... and simply rename it there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If credit card information is sent to Authorize.net, and the CVV or address etc does match - what happens? In CyberSource Hosted Order Page setup, the gateway classifies this as 'pending', and sends it back to Zen as a 'true' response with an error code - but the information does not get parsed by the Cybersource module (or by Zen) and my automatic drop-shipping kicks in. If the card is eventually determined to be invalid, it's too late because product is already shipped.

How does Authorize.net work for this situation? Does the api system allow for a pending gateway classification to communicate properly with Zen?... that is, does it tell Zen that the order is incomplete and notify admin for further action? Or would it also function the same way - sending back the order to Zen as 'true' with an error code.

Discussions with my bank suggest that I'm expected to log-in to the gateway on a daily basis.. or at least every time a sale is made - to verify the card status. But that's kinda counterproductive in what I'm trying to setup as an automated storefront. I might as well enter the card info myself with the basic cc module if I can't get this 'pending' status at the gateway issue resolved.

I've found that I can still maintain merchant account at BOA using Authorize.net's gateway service. Will this change of venue resolve my problems? Curious to hear of other's experiences on this kind of scenario.