Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Paypal Business account

Evening all, Ive setup a Paypal business account. Can anybody please tell me how to integrate this with my site?

I have the paypal module activated, but this only diverts customers to the paypal site so they can send a payment through their personal account. Id prefer to have it integrated so they just put in their card details and the site and paypal business to the rest.

I cant seem to find a module for it? or am i missing something?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Business account

What you are refering to when the customer doesnt leave your site is called Paypal Pro, a search for this on this forum and elsewhere will fill you in.
    Sorry I dont know if theres a contribution available off the top of my head.

As an aside customers are very used to going to Paypals site and back to yours if they have any experience of paypal at all.
    HTH
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

paypal pro is not supported by zen cart att his time due to the express checkout requirement.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal Business account

Ok. i see. Do you know any payment modules that work for uk?

Alternatively, as a second option, with my paypal business account they tell me that i can add a buy it now button for each item, which directs customers to their site to either log in to their account or if they dont provide a 'one off payment' on a product by product bases.

What i would rather do is allow people to fill up their carts, then at the checkout get diverted to paypal just to give their card details and address to take the payment (even if they dont have an account). Basically, instead of having a buy it now html link for each product which takes customers to paypal to pay for that individual product, they can simply pay for the whole cart? Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

zen cart will let your customers shop here,
    they are only transported to paypal to make their purchase.
    then they are transported back,

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal Business account

Sorry, think weve got our wires crossed. Have spoke to paypal today, this is basically the problem which im having.

Yes they can shop in zencart, and if they choose to pay using their paypal account then they can be redirected using the paypal module to make a payment from their username to mine.

However, what i want is for people to be able to pay by visa/mastercard etc if they dont have a paypal account. Paypal offer this within their business account, where you can be directed to their site to enter your card details without having to setup an account, however it is only on an item by item basis. ie they see product 1, and instead of seeing add to cart they have a paypal buy it now option which directs them to the paypal service where they enter their details for a one-off payment without having to setup an account.

I would like them to view products 1 and 2 and add them both to cart, then click pay now, using the same service as above but with a whole cart, not a single item.

I think that makes sense? Anybody got any ideas? Or any other options if you live in the UK? There must be a merchant out there thats compatible with zen apart from the hideously pricey worldpay?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

NO,

using the stock paypal modu,e in zen cart,
    users can shop at your site be directed to paypal,
    use their credit card without creating an account.
    and they will then be asked to return to your site or create an account.

zen cart passes the cart and total as one item.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Paypal Business account

Many apologies, youre absolutely right! as i have a paypal account that was open in another page it was automatically logging me in without giving me the option to use paypal account or pay by credit card!

Ta for that - would never have found it! Can i ask another couple of questions about this screen tho? In the checkout screen i currently have the option to pay by credit card (which i can remove via admin), paypal, or Check/Money Order. I would like to modfy this wording to read Paypal/Credit Card and Cheque/Postal Order. What file can i edit these in? Assuming its a php?

Also is there anyway of when customers click pay by creditcard/paypal and they are redirected to the paypal site, i give them a pop up window reading "you have been redirected to paypal, you can pay using your paypal account or by using any credit/debit card. Using the paypal service offers maximum security for our customers, please return to our site after to confirm your order etc etc etc etc"?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

to change what is displayed,
    open
    includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ file name here

and make the changes to the defines

for the second part, I wouldnt use a popup because alot of folks have disabled them,
    I would put a big RED text at the bottom of the tpl_checkout_confirmation.php

if $order->info['payment_type'] = paypal {
    echo "insert text here";
    }

something to this effect

Plugin Contributions

I definately wouldnt put anything about the security side of paypal in there personally.
    Im not sure how long you have had an email account but give it a few weeks and you will most likely receive a spoofed email either from ebay or paypal saying theres something wrong with your account yabba yabba... click this link, tell us your details and well empty your account for you kind of stuff.
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast