Plugin Contributions

Default upgrading 1.3.0 to 1.3.2

For some reason I thought I could upload changed files and run a database patch...is this not correct? Everything I'm finding tells me to run the install script again and I get that my config files are not writable, blah, blah, blah..

Help, please? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading 1.3.0 to 1.3.2

If you're upgrading, then you can ignore the notice that your configure.php files are not writable. Just click the Database-Upgrade button and it should proceed.
    The "install" button will keep telling you the files are not writable ... which is good, because you don't want to "install" a blank database over your live one anyway.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting this:

1062 Duplicate entry 'Administrator' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id');]

I've tried going only from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 and doing both...keep getting this, but the admin panel says I still need an upgrade.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That happens when you run the v1.3.0.1-to-1.3.0.2 database upgrade step a second time, or if you've applied a forum-posted patch related to sending draft newsletters to yourself.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39736

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I actually ended up having to comment it out, it was still giving me fits...but now it seems to be done.

Thanks, Doc!

digidiva-kathy,

I am having the same problem.

I created a reneamed test directory following the instructions.
    All has gone as it should until I go to Update the Database when using zc_install.

I am getting the following error message::

1062 Duplicate entry 'Administrator' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id');]

I am sure that I have a full copy of the running site's database tables in the test database.

You mentioned you remarked out something, would you mind sharing what it was you remarked out and where you did it?

Regards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The instructions are as I posted earlier:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39736

For the sake of semantics, adding a # before a SQL statement will "comment it out".

Plugin Contributions

Re: upgrading 1.3.0 to 1.3.2

Hi.

I also want to upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2.

What I did was download the changed file sonly and save them to my computer.

First now, I don't know how I should upload those files to the server.

More important, I don't know if I should overwrite my includes template and css files. This would make any of my customizations dessappear obviously, wouldnt it?

Thank you very much in advance fr your help.

Kostas

Plugin Contributions

To upgrade from v1.3 to v1.3.0.2 you should be using the Full Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 as the Changed Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 is only for upgrades from Zen Cart v1.3.0.1 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!