Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Best payment module for Canada?

Hi,

I'm looking at running a Zencart for a store that is based out of Canada. I was wondering if anyone could reccommend what would be the best choice for a payment gateway that is supported by Zencart? It would need to be Canadian "friendly".

I was looking at Beanstream but I read a post saying the module they provide for Zencart was broken.. is that true?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best payment module for Canada?

Anybody have any advice for me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Confused as to payment gateways

Hi,

I am setting up a zencart installation and am a bit confused as to what payment gateway I should use.

I was going to use beanstream, but after searching the forums it would seem the module for it is broken..?

I've searched on others (Moneris, worldpay) and it seems there's issues with these modules not working properly as well.

Could someone point me to the most stable payment gateway module to use with Zencart? Only restriction is that it needs to be able to process in Canadian dollars and dump to a Canadian bank account.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The last research I did on this ended up with the customer using 2CO ... but they were unhappy with the need to go off to the 2CO site to enter payment and then be returned back to the store. Esp with the security issues that introduces.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can one use authorize.net (AIM) with Canadian funds and a Canadian bank account?

Plugin Contributions

There's a skipjack module here somewhere, that with a tiny bit of tweaking may work for current versions. I tried it briefly in something I was testing for a client and it seemed to work. To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of experience with this and didn't really like skipjack, but the client uses them for other things so I thought I would check it out. It might be worth a look.

best luck,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dante2010
    Can one use authorize.net (AIM) with Canadian funds and a Canadian bank account?
    Yes and no - as I've jsut discovered and others have noted in this forum. Everything about authorize.net is USA-centric, unfortunately. You can post your transactions from you Canadian store, but you must post USD transaction amounts, which calls for a modification of the standard authorize.net (SIM and AIM) modules to recalculate the transaction amount (kudos to bunyip and DrByte in their contributions to http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37704).

The customer's receipt as generated by authorize.net will show the recalculated USD transaction amount. This alone has proved unaccaptable to my (Canadian) client.

In sum: if you don't mind your Canadian customers seeing USD on their credit card receipts/statements for your Canadian store, then (with the mods mentioned above), you can use authorize.net.

I'm currently looking for a better alternative, though, for my client.

Plugin Contributions

Hey DrByte,

You seem to have some connection with the Linkpoint/YourPay module, and you're located in Canada. I notice that the link on the Linkpoint module page that tells you about signing up with Linkpoint (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=30) has a footnote about Canadian merchant accounts. Have you had/herad of any experience with Canadian merchants using this module/provider?

Plugin Contributions

Ya I'd want everything to stay in CAD.

Man it seems like there's no payment modules that work 100% for Canadian users.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmmm .... I've not seen any contributed modules that outshine others when it comes to Canadian gateways.

However, if someone could do some research to come up with a list of merchants operating for Canadians, perhaps we can put together a solution.

The ideal list would consist of:

- merchant name
    - bank(s) they're affiliated with
    - online gateway API name (or is it proprietary to "them"?)
    - URL and tech phone number
    - are they Canadian-only, or do they support other locations and currencies?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast