Plugin Contributions

Default Modify login box or create new account info box?

Hi.
    I'm working with templating and config of a ZC for one of my clients, their fiercest competitor runs a very nicely designed ZC so they want to have something similar.

After searching the forums I haven't turned up any good info on what I want to do:

I am using the login sidebox. After logging in, I want the same box, or another box to remain/appear at the same location.

This box should display the following:
    A header saying "Logged in"
    Box content saying "Hello username!" and displaying links to My account and logout.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this? Using latest version of ZC
    I'm not a coder, but I can read and understand most of it, but turning boxes on and off depending on login/logout... Just can't figure out what it is that does it :-)

Also, I want the shopping cart and checkout links to appear in the shopping cart side box. There is probably info in the forum for this, I haven't searched yet, but if someone has the code laying around...

Thanks for any help.

/Torgil - www.kabelkultur.se

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modify login box or create new account info box?

The shopping cart sidebox can be turned on in your layout boxes controller. That solves your second question I believe.

Sorry, don't have the answer to your first one.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TinaS
    The shopping cart sidebox can be turned on in your layout boxes controller. That solves your second question I believe.

Sorry, don't have the answer to your first one.

Hi, and thanks for your answer!
    I already have the shopping cart side box turned on, however; it does not by default contain the links to the main shopping cart page(where you can edit its contents) and to the checkout. Those links are currently placed in the header along with login/out and account links, and I want to fully remove that header field from my template.

The reason for mentioning this was that I don't think I can just copy&paste the link code from the header, I was wondering about the formatting of the code for this placement.

/Torgil - www.kabelkultur.se

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. You can adapt code from the zen_customer_greeting() function for this.
    PHP Code:
        if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) && $_SESSION['customer_first_name']) {
          echo 
    sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONALzen_output_string_protected($_SESSION['customer_first_name']), zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

2. a. The shopping-cart sidebox header is clickable, and links to the actual cart page.
    b. You can easily add additional links to the shopping-cart sidebox by simply adding additional $content .= lines (in appropriate places) to your tpl_shopping_cart.php sidebox template.
    ie: before the last $content .= '</div>';, add this:
    PHP Code:
    echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING'''SSL') . '">' HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT '</a>'

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    I have been looking at this post for ages and i still cant get it right.
    I have d/l the login sidebox from d/l's and then i added that lil bit

[FONT=Arial]before the last $content .= '</div>';, add this:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]PHP Code:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]echo [/FONT][FONT=Arial]'<a href="' [/FONT][FONT=Arial]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]zen_href_link[/FONT][FONT=Arial]([/FONT][FONT=Arial]FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING[/FONT][FONT=Arial], [/FONT][FONT=Arial]''[/FONT][FONT=Arial], [/FONT][FONT=Arial]'SSL'[/FONT][FONT=Arial]) . [/FONT][FONT=Arial]'">' [/FONT][FONT=Arial]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT [/FONT][FONT=Arial]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]'</a>'[/FONT][FONT=Arial]; [/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

into
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_shopping_cart.php

but when not logged in, the "check out" link is under the sidebox.

when im logged in, only the "check out" link is there and its above the sidebox. not in the sidebox itself.

I would love to have inside the sidebox:
    log out
    my account
    shopping cart
    checkout

could you explain how to do this again?
    Cheers