Plugin Contributions

Default question re templates

Hi just wanted to know if new templates as such had to be total rewrites or can they just be the original template with different colours and new button sets?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: question re templates

Hi just wanted to know if new templates as such had to be total rewrites or can they just be the original template with different colours and new button sets?
    Templates written for Zen Cart versions prior to Ver 1.3.x were written for the table based cart.

As of ver 1.3.x Zen Cart is almost tabless and requires a template that also takes this into consideration. So most of the previously available templates would need to be totally re-written.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    Templates written for Zen Cart versions prior to Ver 1.3.x were written for the table based cart.

As of ver 1.3.x Zen Cart is almost tabless and requires a template that also takes this into consideration. So most of the previously available templates would need to be totally re-written.

no what i meant was the existing default theme in zencart 1.3.0.2 could actually look good , if the colours were changed and new buttons made etc without having to make a heap of code changes and basically all that would have to be done is drop the folder in . Is that considered as a contribution ? or does it require more drastic changes to be considerd a contribution?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drakky
    no what i meant was the existing default theme in zencart 1.3.0.2 could actually look good , if the colours were changed and new buttons made etc without having to make a heap of code changes and basically all that would have to be done is drop the folder in . Is that considered as a contribution ? or does it require more drastic changes to be considerd a contribution?

All templates are based on this - therefore I feel that it would be considered a contribution.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.