Plugin Contributions

Default Where is Admin.?

Ok...first excursion into shopping carts..(using my test site)
    created a Mysql db via cPanel......installed Zen-cart 1.2.7...with demo data...ran the installer, which was great and intuitive, with good info (thanks...very nice).
    Last page of the set up screen has 2 buttons - one for the store access (www.webhj.com/catalog) which loads OK. I can access the store.
    and one button for admin which does not load - 404 error page not found.

I closed down my computer after an hour or two of frustration, and now (next day) I'm asking myself....'where IS the admin page that everyone talks about'
    How do I access admin....?? There is no admin access link on the store page, unless 'guests' is another name for admin. Anyway this doesn't work either.
    If it is PHPMyadmin...how do I access.?

And the install document does not spell out where admin access actually is.
    I'm guessing this first install page (with the links) provides access to the admin, and provides guidelines from there, but since I have never seen them, I do not know where to look.
    Basically I have store, but cannot change anything.

I cannot find any references in the forums either......perhaps a reinstall.?

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where is Admin.?

Something has gone amiss with your install and it may be worth running it again.

The url for the admin is www.mydomain/store/admin If you installed in the root then you would leave out store or whatever you named the folder.

Do you know your installing an old version. You'd be much better to go for the latest as there were big changes and you are creating unnecessary problems for yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Thankyou for the reply Brent.

Yes..I have gone to www.webhj.com/catalog/admin but although it asks to verify the SSL certificate (which is a good sign since I did set the https/SSL) ... it then proceeds to the '404 page not found' so no admin access. (interestingly the http://www.webhj.com/catalog/admin/login.php script can be called up, but when you try to login, it falls over again...)

And yes, I see there is an update to 1.3.2 as a download. I also note these are only the changed files...so I assume I just overwrite these into the complete program file set...yes?? and then upload the lot again.

I will have another crack at the ftp and upload the entire program again...
    Do you think this will cause problems with the existing database, or will the install file sort this out as it proceeds along......???? Otherwise I will have to kill off the database and create another.

Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

As you haven't made any changes I would start from scratch to avoid finding any problems further down the line.

Download the full file set from here If you have any problems just follow the link on the home page of this site. Kill your database and start over. That way you will only have the files and database entries you need as there really were major changes between versions.

By the way your initial assumption about overwriting was only partly correct, You could just upload the changed files but only if you were already running 1.3.0.1.

Good luck

Plugin Contributions

Re: Where is Admin.?

Thank you again Brent.

Well....still no go. I have a store, but have NO admin.

As you suggested, I have killed off my database, (Zen created 93 seperate tables....amazing)....then deleted all files on the server. It now appears that I did in fact upload version 1.3.0.2 in the first place. (I had just named the folder I stored it in on my C:\ drive as Version 1.2.7, but this was incorrect.)

Just to be safe however, I downloaded another copy from the link you provided (mirror = australia) and started from scratch......created a new database, uploaded all files into www.webhj.com/catalog (one directory at a time) and ran the install. This all went fine, and again, I now have an online store complete with test data....great.!
    But No admin........again. If I go to www.webhj.com/catalog/admin I would at least expect that the index.php script would direct me to ---> login.php.....but no.
    Again the browser cannot find 'index.php' in /admin, yet its there, I can see it clearly in my ftp app.
    I have even tried overwriting just the /admin/index.php file but this didn't help either.
    Is there a permission setting in the admin directory that I have missed.?

This looked like a brilliant solution to complete a large project for my client, and finish off the last year of my degree, since it provides the MySql access, and the complete funtionality of an Online store, business systems, and the proffesional frontend that my client will demand..........
    Actually Zen was recommended by my host Ace-net...and looked really good.

But if I have no Admin...it is useless, and I will have to look at another product.

It may well be something I have done....but I do not know what that could be.

I have followed the install document to the letter as far as I know.....and obviously zen works for a lot of you....but not for me it seems.

I will try destroying my database again, deleting files again, and downloading zen again...this time from another mirror, in the hope that the file from the australian site is corrupted....and then another reinstall.

If i have success, i will let you all know.

Can I just say a very big thank you for your help up til now.

Cheers..Hazza

Plugin Contributions

300,000 downloads ... perhaps it is you?

Try editing the file:
    /admin/includes/configure.php

and turn off the secure by changing:
    PHP Code:
      define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG''true');

define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN''true'); 
    To read:
    PHP Code:
      define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG''false');

define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN''false'); 
    What this will do is turn of the secure settings ...

See if this is the issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Firstly.....Thank you both for your advise and help.

That WAS the problem.....I downloaded the configure.php file, modified it and uploaded it again.....and now Bingo.!...I have access to ADMIN.

During the install I recall setting my catalog and admin SSL to 'yes' because my host has 128 bit SSL encryption, and I wanted this for obvious security. But now it would seem there is something amiss with this.
    I guess I should contact my host provider to see if there is something they should set up from their end. I will need SSL, but for now since this is a test site, SSL can be dealt with a little later.

I am real happy that it was something so simple, and very grateful for the support you have all offered.
    It just HAD to be me right...??? You all knew this.

This is a powerful tool, and I look forward to using it on a regular basis.
    I write a bit of php myself, and can appreciate the work that has gone into this code. I will be donating a small fee to zen for every site I use it on, and will ask my clients to do this annually. Only fair.!
    Thanks for getting me 'zenned' - and for getting me started.
    I'm sure i will have a few more questions as I move along, but I will check all the forums first...........great support.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are back up and running ...

And thanks for the support ... all of us on the Zen Cart Team really appreciate this ... it helps us to continue to write better and better code for you to run your business ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!