Plugin Contributions

Custom Dynamic Extra Pages with URL parameters, GET, POST - for Define and EZ Pages

Current version: 1.2.6d

I've been looking around for a post to help solve my problem but haven't had any luck. I have done a number of successful modifications to my client's website but am now snagged on this new problem. I need some help--or guidance at least.

PROBLEM:
    -----------
    I am setting up an extra page that can be edited with the Define Pages Editor. The page is a builders showcase/gallery and includes a menu of specific galleries. Rather than create an extra page for each gallery, I would like to pass another paramater to Zen Cart and use it to determine which gallery to generate. The menu would look something like:

<a href://www.anyzenstore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=builders_showcase&gallery=1>Gallery 1</a><br>
    <a href://www.anyzenstore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=builders_showcase&gallery=2>Gallery 2</a><br>
    <a href://www.anyzenstore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=builders_showcase&gallery=3>Gallery 3</a><br>

I am confused how to handle this on the server side with Zen-Cart. I think I should be able to reference $_GET but this doesn't get the job done. The URL is sent to the server and Zen Cart doesn't know what to do with extra info so it defaults to the home page. Where does Zen-Cart 'catch' parameter values, such as 'main_page'? I assume it uses $_GET somewhere but how can I add more parameters, such as 'gallery'? Or do I need to use a form with hidden inputs?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom Dynamic Extra Pages with URL parameters, GET, POST - for Define and EZ Pag

You need:

1. /includes/modules/pages/builders_showcase/header_php.php

inside this file, you need the intelligence to read the &gallery=x value:
    $page_to_display = $_GET['gallery'];

Then act accordingly based on $page_to_display

2. includes/languages/english/builders_showcase.php
    This is the language file ... which you can build from components in the privacy.php file in the same folder.

3. includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_builders_showcase_default.php

This is the template which displays your actual content.
    Again, you could base it off the tpl_privacy_default.php as an example, since you stated you're using it to display define-page content specifically.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom Dynamic Extra Pages with URL parameters, GET, POST - for Define and EZ Pages

Thanks DrByte. I will let you know how this works.