Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be cleaned .

Hello,

I've just logged in to find the following Warning Message:

WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be cleaned ... 50114

Can someone explain to me the nature / effect of this and what I should do to resolve this problem?

I am panicking a bit so your help is appreciated!

Regards,
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be clean

go to
    admin-> tools-> store manager and hit the button to clean it up
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be clean

Nothing to panic about ...

The Admin activity is tracked in a database so you could, if needed, review the activities of what happens there ...

As this gets large and people forget that the table is there ... we thought it nice to put up a warning to clean this up periodically ...

It is triggered on 50,000 records or 60 days old ...

A simple clean up is available, as Merlin suggested, in the Tools ... Store Manager ...

NOTE: always backup your database on a regular basis ... nothing wrong with a before cleanup backup and an after cleanup backup ...

NOTE: in the Downloads is the Backup MySQL that has been written specifically to be a plug-n-play install to Zen Cart ... load the files and it magically appears under the Tools menu of the Admin ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be cleaned .

Hello

I am having the same problem. I hired a web designer to create my site and am basically clueless to how it works. How do I backup? Will I delete my entire site? Can I ignore the warning altogether? My site designer has become unavailable and I am totally panicked.

Also, how do I initiate posts? I've only figured out how to reply.

Thanks so much for your help

Jill

Plugin Contributions

For peace of mind, go to DOWNLOADS, ADMIN TOOLS, BACKUP MYSQL PLUGIN and install it. This is the easiest way to get backups of your database.
    To initiate a new thread
    Go to Forums, select the category that best suits your question and at the bottom of the page is a button that says "new thread"
    Once you have backed up, then you can confidently clean up the files as suggested.

Gerard
    Last edited by Ajeh; 9 Aug 2006 at 11:12 PM. Reason: fixed spelling on download

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has over 50,000 records and should be cleaned .

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately my tool bar does not have a "downloads" category. Where else should I look? I looked under "tools" but there are no downloads there either.

Thanks for your help

Jill

Plugin Contributions

If you look at the top of the forum ... there is a link to Downloads ...

Click on that and look in the Admin area for the Backup MySQL ...

You can download it, unzip to an empty directory, and load the /admin directory over top your existing /admin on the server ...

When you then go to your Zen Cart Admin ... Tools ... you will see the new menu choice for Database Backup - MySQL
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I know my questions are somewhat stupid compared to the rest of the discussions, but I hired a web designer who decided to move across the country and is unavailable. Now I'm on my own trying to figure this out.

Ok I downloaded the Backup my SQL, but I haven't unzipped it b/c I don't know how to upload stuff the my site. Since I never installed zencart on my computer, I don't have any of the data. Could someone please walk me through the FTP upload process? Is there an upload button on my admin site or do I need to install and use software from my computer?

Thanks for your help

Jill

Plugin Contributions

If you do not have FTP software, then google "free FTP" and download a program (I use WS-FTP, which is not free, but has a 30 day free trial - the Home version should do it and is very easy and clear). Core Lite is free, but I don't love it. Moderator Note: We like to recommend FileZilla: http://filezilla.sf.net

When you set up your FTP software you will need to provide ftp information when you configure, so you can connect and upload files to your site. That will be something like ftp.mysite.com You will also need the password. If you don't know your password,contact the helpdesk of your hosting company.

The FTP software will look very similar to Windows Explorer (assuming your on a PC platform here), and have two windows - one with your local (PC) view (usually on the left) ,and one with your files on your host (usually on the right).

You will also eventually need a decent .php editor (notepad works in a pinch, but I prefer Note Tab Lite - free - look online.)

That should get you started.

~Laura

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    go to
    admin-> tools-> store manager and hit the button to clean it up
    Thnx for help, I had same problem and solve it thanks to your post. Ofcourse, I first had to backup all files.
    MY Website
    The best of the best: Zen Cart