Plugin Contributions

Default upgrading 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx version

Pls help. is there any database topic to upgrade from 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx versions?
    I have made a newly installed 1.3.xx version Zen at new domain, however, 1.2.4d database cannot be accepted into current database tree of 1.3.xx version.
    Do I need to downgrade to 1.2.7 even prior to upgrade to 1.3.xx version?

Thanks for your valuable help.

plutop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx version

If you have set up a working-folder for the 1.3.x version, and have all your 1.3 files there, and are working on setting up your template in the new version there, then all you need to do is take a COPY of your old database, import it into your NEW database, and then run the 1.3 zc_install/index.php from your browser. At the System Inspection page, you'll have a "Database Upgrade" button....

On that upgrade page, it'll show you all the versions you need to upgrade through. If you tick them one at a time, you can do each stage separately...

It's all quite pleasantly automated for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: upgrading 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx version

thanks for your follow ups

I am really done this fact and finally I did fresh install.
    I found that old database has a lot of fake address by enemies.
    so i decided to trash old base n start a new one.

and now, doing some template jobs, and installing some products info into new Zen version, I found following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_get_new_date_range() in /home/junkrobe?X?/public_html/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 16

This comes from INDEX.

So far, I have installed some language packs and EP only. EP is working properly on ADMIN CPANEL, but not yet tested.

My friend in this field told me problematic should be only a template.

Pls give me a kind of solutions suggests.

Thanks
    plutop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx version

It would seem you're missing the updated /includes/functions/functions_lookups.php file which contains the function mentioned.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: upgrading 1.2.4d to 1.3.xx version

Thanks Dr.Byte.

It solved and another problem happen to me.
    I am still in progress of testing whole script not to get a serious complaints from my users.

1. Installed Spanish version, but I found a top logo deformed.
    do I need a logo image to install within a language pack folder?

2. When I tried to register as a new member to check detailed functions of registrations, following errrors found :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_prepare_country_zones_pull_down() in /home/junkrobe?x?/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php on line 89

Do I need install full folder contents again into server correctly? If so, why first uploaded files were corrupted?

When I installed old version, I never had this kind of corruptions.
    I am a bit tired to work with file corruptions, as I am only worker in this site.

Thanks for your valuable help always......