Plugin Contributions

Daily Storewide Price Increase/Decrease

I was wondering if there was a way to increase and/or decrease product prices, storewide, automatically on a daily basis. Example...say I have 3 products, each priced differently, $1.00, $2.00 & $3.00. Every night at midnight EST, I'd want each price to be increased by $.05, so then the prices would be $1.05, $2.05 & $3.05. The next night, the process repeats & would then make the prices $1.10, $2.10 & $3.10. (I'd be doing this on a larger scale than with just 3 products, but used that as a base number to best illustrate the concept here...)

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    Christina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Daily Storewide Price Increase/Decrease

You might have a look in the download area for the 'ex-populate' mod. This might help you with your price adjustments.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Easy populate will work for you. To give you some ideas of what can be done, the prices on my jewelry site are driven by two factors, price of precious metals and the prices of stones. I'm in the process of setting up a pretty elaborate spreadsheet that computes my cost based on the current days metal market. I have all of the formulas linked to one source so when i update the price, all of my costs update as well. I also have retail price formulas built in so the retail price changes accordingly (I 've also done something similar with vlookup functions on gemstone cuts and sizes but that's a little too complex to explain here).

Once all of the costs and retail prices are updated, the prices are automatically pulled into another spreadsheet that is in the correct easy populate format. Once I double check that everylooks ok, I save it in the correct format and upload, and just like that, all of my prices are updated on my site.

its been a long and tedious process, but once I get it all working, i won't be spending my days chasing the metals market whose prices have been very sporadic.

Anyways, I hope that gives you some ideas.

Plugin Contributions

Terrific...thank you so much for the direction......I've just downloaded Easy Populate & am digging into it now.

You're shop sounds excellent voltage! Thanks for the insight. The massive work that you're doing compared to tiny things I want to do makes me feel a little better about the situation & that it won't be as daunting as I thought. Thanks again & good luck with yours!

Plugin Contributions

You could also just run an UPDATE command on the products table to increase the products_price by products_price + .05 ...

Note: always make a backup before running things like this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!