Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Length of description

Yep, your store is running a PHP version 7.0.0 or later ... in which the ereg function (deprecated in 5.3.0) was fully removed. The referenced line in quick_updates.php should be changed to use the PHP preg_match function instead.

See this link for additional information: https://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/webpr...ok/ch13_02.htm

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Length of description

It would appear you are using an older version of this plugin. Try upgrading to the current version and that error should go away.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: move categories section

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    You can enable or disable columns in the configuration menu - admin>configuration>quick updates.
    This section seems to be missing from my config menu.... but I am able to use the quick updates fine... now sure how to proceed...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates 1.3 ?

I started experiencing a strange error recently and could not find any threads dealing with this.

I have been using ZenCart for many years, currently on ver 1.5.5e. Also, have been using QuickUpdates for many years now...

When I try to update any product in only SOME of the categories, I get the 'Forbidden You don't have permission to access /'Path'/'AdminFolder'/quick_updates.php on this server' error. All products in other categories work fine.

I can, however, update these products using the Admin - Catalog - Categories/Products route.

Anybody have any ideas of what could be triggering this behaviour?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if anybody else gets this, when editing descriptions and updating, it shows all the html tags and similar on live page for that item. I have been told that the module is over sanitising the output. I am not getting the same issue when creating an item, and only noticed this issue since updating zencart to one of the new versions in the past year (it has updated sanitise file too).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Not sure if anybody else gets this, when editing descriptions and updating, it shows all the html tags and similar on live page for that item. I have been told that the module is over sanitising the output. I am not getting the same issue when creating an item, and only noticed this issue since updating zencart to one of the new versions in the past year (it has updated sanitise file too).
    I was able to also see this over sanitization in the product description and product name fields where characters such as &, <, >, etc... were converted into their html entities of &amp;, &lt;, &gt;, etc...

In applying the fileset to a nearly ZC 1.5.7 setup with php 7.3 and reporting all errors I believe I have a method that will apply the desired sanitization allowing continued use and I've also updated the code to work in that php environment (and backwards compatible to php 5.x). I somewhat plan to submit the update though I otherwise haven't used the application so do not know of any other issues that need addressing nor have significant knowledge of it. I may also post the software to github. Details when available will be posted here, though I don't know how much other support I'll be able to provide.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply and possibility of an update. I did think of reverting to an older version of sanitise.php but I expect security would be compromised in some way, it must have been updated to curb hacks or something. Just a bit stringent but I understand the modules have to change to keep up to new standards.

Plugin Contributions

How can I insert product search on this page so that an item can be search and updated on this page.

Plugin Contributions

Using the Display Category and then sort by, say, ID doesn't get you there like you want?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Using the Display Category and then sort by, say, ID doesn't get you there like you want?
    Not sure how to do that can you please share code so I can try. Each category has lot of products so by selecting category and then looking for specific product in that category manually is very time consuming. Looking to insert a search box on this page where an item can be search using name/model and then update that item quickly.
    Last edited by jsarwar; 11 Sep 2020 at 11:21 AM.