Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates 1.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    Are you saying the wholesale prices contribution stores more than one price in one column?
    Yes. I believe you can choose 4 different levels (?). I'm not completely sure how many levels, but you can assign different levels to different wholesale customers. So you can do 5.00,6.00,7.00,8.00 and if paulm is level two, he would see $6 as his wholesale price when logged in.

I guess we should've mentioned that when we asked for your help!!!!! (i personally only use one level so it didn't occur to me :)
    Last edited by craftzombie; 27 Nov 2006 at 01:32 AM. Reason: added more stuff! duh!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    Are you saying the wholesale prices contribution stores more than one price in one column?

Yes, in the field I can put different prices split by "," and in the customer page I set if the price is the first, second or other.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by craftzombie View Post
    I guess we should've mentioned that when we asked for your help!!!!! (i personally only use one level so it didn't occur to me :)
    No problem, it's just that I did not expect anything like that. If I would have known I would probably not have added the code though.

An advantage is that it revealed something that should have been fixed anyway :-) Some quotes were missing at the database update code part (that is why the script crashed on the multiple wholesale prices input).

I have no plans to really support the multiple wholesale prices stuff (atm), I did add a setting to the configuration (extra_configures/quick_updates.php) file though:
    Code:
      @define('QUICKUPDATES_MODIFY_WHOLESALE_PRICE_INPUT_SIZE', '6');
    it allows you to change the width of the wholesale input field, and increasing the value *might* help (a *little*) editting multiple wholesale prices.

Quote from the included version-history.txt file
    v-november-27th-2006 by Paul Mathot
    1) converted all remaining <inputs> to zen_draw_input_field()'s
    2) added quotes to database input/update fields (script crashed on comma input)
    3) moved some config settings from admin/quick_updates to config files (to extra_configures/ and extra_datafiles/)

Note: some configures should actually be moved to the quick_updates admin settings sql in a next version.

Changed files (since the november-25th version) are:

admin/quick_updates.php
    admin/includes/extra_configures/quick_updates.php
    admin/includes/extra_datafiles/quick_updates.php

(so no sql changes again)
    And don't forget to always backup your database before usage! (even better first try it on a testshop)
    Last edited by paulm; 19 Dec 2006 at 09:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

And if any messages occur please copy and paste the exact message when reporting it here.

Plugin Contributions

I have just found this contrib, installed the latest one from November 27th, loaded fine. I have the Profit contrib by farukh. How can I turn on the functionality for margin/profit??

Plugin Contributions

Hi NamSingh,

that margin/profit contribution uses column names that are different, I think it uses a column name "......_dollar" for example (if I remember well, and I am not mixing up with other contributions now ;-) ). So the column names would have to be changed to make it work.

I recently added one "dynamic" column. It's name is defined and thus can be changed easily. I might convert the margin and purchase price columns to work the same, and then it's probably easy to make it compatible with that profit/margin contribution.

Do you happen to know what the *exact* column names are that it uses?

Plugin Contributions

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_cost` DECIMAL( 15, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.0000' NOT NULL AFTER `products_price` ;
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_markup` DECIMAL( 15, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.0000' NOT NULL AFTER `products_cost` ;
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_margin_gross_dollar` DECIMAL( 15, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.0000' NOT NULL AFTER `products_markup` ;
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_margin_gross_percent` DECIMAL( 15, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.0000' NOT NULL AFTER `products_margin_gross_dollar` ;
    ALTER TABLE `orders_products` ADD `products_cost` DECIMAL( 15, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.0000' NOT NULL AFTER `products_price` ;

That is the SQL file, so:

PRODUCTS TABLE
    products_cost, products_markup, products_margin_gross_dollar, products_margin_gross_percent

ORDERS PRODUCTS TABLE
    products_cost

I can confirm tha above is correct as i've checked my columns and they match!

Plugin Contributions

products_cost, products_markup, products_margin_gross_dollar, products_margin_gross_percent
    Thnx, currently I am using products_purchase_price and products_margin (and thus so is quick_updates). In which products_margin is the profit percentage.

Now I assume products_margin_gross_dollar is the absolute profit (still not happy about the _dollar extension though ;-) ). But I am not sure about products_markup? Can you explain what that adds to it?

Anyway, I am willing to convert the existing products_purchase_price and products_margin, so that these are defined i.s.o. hardcoded.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah American's lol. Just leave it as it's in the database. He should have used currency or amount word instead!

I think it will be great if you convert them to match the profit contrib as a lot of people use it! No point duplicating things.

This is how his contrib works:

You input the product cost and press TAB, then enter the Markup Precent and again press TAB, the Gross Margin &#163;: field is then updated with the Gross Margin amount and likewise the Gross Margin &#37;:

The Products Price (Net) is then also updated.

The image i have attached will explain it hopefully! Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NamSingh; 1 Dec 2006 at 09:17 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I really love this contrib all ready. Makes it so Quick lol!!

One thing i think it would really benefit from is adding the available date drop down box too. Then you can update the stock, when it's next available and done.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast