Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Transfer Products Help

Ive upgraded to the new version from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 and have been able to use the upgrade option on the bottom of the install screen. All appears to be up and running correctly but my old products are not there.

How can I get my old products uploaded into this new version? Any idea of what Im doing wrong? Ive searched through the forums but I keep getting lost in other problems that dont seem to match my own. Help!

Im using FileZilla to transfer most of my files because my php program is a bit of a pain in the ######...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfer Products Help

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDogSpock
    Im using FileZilla to transfer most of my files because my php program is a bit of a pain
    Good call. A dedicated FTP program is far more reliable than an editor that dabbles in FTP for convenience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ive upgraded to the new version from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 and have been able to use the upgrade option on the bottom of the install screen. All appears to be up and running correctly but my old products are not there.
    1. What is the DB_DATABASE set to in your /includes/configure.php files on your 1.2.6 and 1.3.x sites? They should be different.

2. Did you import your 1.2.6 data into your 1.3.x database before doing the database-upgrade step?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Good call. A dedicated FTP program is far more reliable than an editor that dabbles in FTP for convenience.
    Wow! This must be the first time Ive actually done something right!

I was afraid that using FileZilla would be the wrong way to go because everyone mentions using PHP or some other option...

Im afraid that Ive done many things but fortunatly have backups of both the new download and my old site. I think with all the options I have to make this work Im constantly getting lost along the way.

First I opened a new folder (New_Store) and loaded the new Zen version then I uploaded the old version into that folder under a seperate folder (Old_Store). Im wondering if ZenCart is not able to see the old version or just doesnt care that its there?

By doing that I was able to get the new store open and was even able to see new options by setting up the demo package. So I think I have the set up of the new store under my belt but Im still not sure. There are so many ways to do this...

Does it sound like Im totally off my rocker here?

Plugin Contributions

First I opened a new folder (New_Store) and loaded the new Zen version then I uploaded the old version into that folder under a seperate folder (Old_Store). Im wondering if ZenCart is not able to see the old version or just doesnt care that its there?
    Forgot to say that I uploaded the old version under a different folder because I didnt want to overwrite any of the new files. Was I wrong to do this? Should the older files be overwritten by the new files?

Im more than willing to start over from scratch if nessisary. I just need a nudge on how to do that using FileZilla and direction on the whole overwrite or not overwrite problem...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're fine so far.

Now you just need to:
    - take a backup of your "old version" database using phpMyAdmin.... recommended settings: Extended Inserts, Complete Inserts, GZIP, plus all regular defaults.
    - then open phpMyAdmin and select your NEW database
    - select all the tables in the NEW database (check all the boxes), and choose "Drop" to delete all the tables from the NEW database
    - then click on the "Import" tab on the top of phpMyAdmin (or if no "Import", choose "SQL"), and click Browse, choose the filename for the database-backup of the OLD database, and click Go to import the OLD data into the NEW database
    - Then run zc_install/index.php on the NEW STORE and choose Database-Upgrade and follow the steps
    Then all your data will be in the new store.

Plugin Contributions

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but when I try to open phpmyadmin there are no files in there, just a link sending me back to the Yahoo (my website host) control panel.

Can I only do these steps in phpmyadmin or is there some way to drop them through FileZilla?

Sorry for being so new at this... Im catching on to a lot of the lingo by searching through the forums but somethings still have me stumped...

Plugin Contributions

- then open phpMyAdmin and select your NEW database
    Hmmm, after reading this a few times I think parts are starting to make sense...

I labeled my new database zencart but my zencart downloaded files are not in there. I put those files in another folder because I didnt want to get things confused. Was that wrong?

- select all the tables in the NEW database (check all the boxes), and choose "Drop" to delete all the tables from the NEW database
    Im scared to delete anything but I guess since my database files in the new data base dont include any of the zencart uploads this should be okay... Make sense still?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I feel really stupid now...

There are files in my zencart data base that must have been entered after I did the upgrade...

Trying what you suggested now...

Plugin Contributions

I was hoping I could write back and say it all worked but Im still not getting my new products in the store.

I replaced my old database in place of the new one and did the database upgrade but still no luck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast