Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy embed template

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    BTW - Urbanx's instructions are my BIBLE for using this contribution..
    I will remember this and include his instructions in the read me of the next ver.
    btw I am happy too have the 100th post in a thread I started.

JOsh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ########################## View Post
    I will remember this and include his instructions in the read me of the next ver.
    btw I am happy too have the 100th post in a thread I started.

JOsh
    Yep his instructions wwere like a LIGHT bulb going off! You should Definitely include in the next release.. Which brings up the OBVIOUS question, is there an upcoming release??? Care to share what's new/different??

BTW.. do I get a prize for being the 100th poster??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Yep his instructions wwere like a LIGHT bulb going off! You should Definitely include in the next release.. Which brings up the OBVIOUS question, is there an upcoming release??? Care to share what's new/different??

BTW.. do I get a prize for being the 100th poster??
    well I have been thinking for a while, why do I need to have a hard file for the template.php file. why can't just have a data base entry for it. it would sort out the confusion about the setting of the embed config file.
    I could even do it so a WYSIWYG editor would be pulled up and one could edit the over all lay out like that.
    Also I now have screen capturing software on my workstation so I could release a how to video. the problem there is I develop on a Linux machine so people running other machines would most likely not be able to do exactly what I am doing.

just ideas. I am open to feature requests.

JOsh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ########################## View Post
    well I have been thinking for a while, why do I need to have a hard file for the template.php file. why can't just have a data base entry for it. it would sort out the confusion about the setting of the embed config file.
    I could even do it so a WYSIWYG editor would be pulled up and one could edit the over all lay out like that.
    Also I now have screen capturing software on my workstation so I could release a how to video. the problem there is I develop on a Linux machine so people running other machines would most likely not be able to do exactly what I am doing.

just ideas. I am open to feature requests.

JOsh
    I like the ideas..

So I guess that's a no on the prize for being the 100th poster huh??

Plugin Contributions

I wanted to share this.. I was making sure that my site validated properly. I discovered that the HTML file you create for this template should NOT include the closing BODY and HTML tags.. When I included them, the markup validation tool kicked out errors indicating that I had duplicate closing tags for BODY and HTML.

So my base HTML file was adusted to look like this:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<div id="content">
     <!-- START EMBED -->
     <!-- END EMBED -->
    </div>
    I placed my custom headers above the "<div id="content">" tag and my custom footer below the closing "</div>" tag. After that, my site validated like a champ.. Wanted to share this with anyone using this template.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanx View Post
    actually, all that's needed is a simple step by step.

when i started reading this thread, i thought "wow, this sounds like exactly what i'm looking for." then i looked at the documentation, read through some of the other posts, and thought "WTF?'

however, once i grasped it, i realized how brilliant this mod is, and how simple... mind-numbingly simple it is to implement.

it works like this:

1. create an html file in your website that you would like to embed zen cart into. let's call it shop.html and let's put it in the root of our website:
    - we can access this file from http://www.foo.com/shop.html
    - the file is found on the server at /path_to_your_files/shop.html

2. somewhere in your html file, you need to put three very specific lines of text. WHERE you put them is up to you, but they must be together and they must be exact. the thing to know is that it goes in the body of the file, and that it goes where you want your zencart to go.

<div id="content">
    <!-- START EMBED -->
    <!-- END EMBED -->

3. install zen cart. i'm going to assume that you installed zen cart in a directory called zen. go to http://www.foo.com/zen and do all the zen installation stuff.

DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE ZEN WORKING PROPERLY WITH THE DEFAULT TEMPLATE.

4. once you have zen up and running, it is time to install the new template. the sang_embed template installs like any other template. please see the wiki if you need basic assistance with installing a template in zen cart (or better yet, buy the zen book, you won't regret it). essentially, you copy the template files to your webserver. most will go in zen/includes/templates/sang_embed, but the main thing is to match the folder structure in the download. don't forget to "turn on" the sang_embed template in the admin.

5. make ONE change in the file named embed_config.php. you can find it at /path_to_your_files/zen/includes/templates/sang_embed/common/embed_config.php

find the line that begins with $zc_temp (it is line 11) and change it so that it refers to the html file you created in step 1. in our example, it would be:

$zc_temp = '/path_to_your_files/shop.html';

THIS IS THE KEY. IT TELLS ZEN CART THAT IT MUST EMBED ITSELF IN THAT FILE.

6. go test it by going to http://www.foo.com/zen

7. revel in your brilliance

Plugin Contributions

Sorry wrong thread. Will delete.
    Last edited by Huck; 16 Jan 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Delete/Wrong Thread

Plugin Contributions

I must be more stunned than usual, even for a designer. I'm running a localhost with MAMP to test my stuff. I have zen installed and running and access it at http://localhost/zen/ and all is good there.

As far I can see I have the setup as described, the Sanguine Embbeded Cart is selected in Admin and my Store.html template file has the magic three lines but when I access my store at localhost/zen/ I get :

' . $sitetemplate_bottom); ?>
    Home Log In

That second line is part of the navigation crumbs. My wild assumption is that the path I give to embed_config.php for my Store.html template file is wrong. Am I correct that's the error, or should I be pulling a different patch of hair out?

thanks,

-k

Plugin Contributions

Previous to my earlier post: yes, I was pulling out the wrong hair. The path I had given was correct.

Actually, I had hit a snag when some fussy parser gizmo somewhere in the innards of the system didn't like the doctype declaration it found in my template store.html (that's used on the rest of the site pages) which caused it to burp out gibberish. When I removed such finery and my template doc started simply

<html>
    <body>

why then suddenly I was a brilliant engineer and worth every penny again.

Thanks to Josh and all. This should be built-in to zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I'm fired again.

It is finding my template, but I'm getting weird results and some images show up, some do not (though all are in the same directory and show up in the template file when it's viewed directly).

I'm seeing this when I view the source in my browser:

' . $sitetemplate_bottom);
    ?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce</title>

Sigh. So near and yet...

Plugin Contributions

How about having a look at this:
    https://svn.rubikintegration.com/zen.../ytemplate.php

you can do something like this:
    say you have the page contact us, you can have:
    ..........page header
    file content is automatically rendered depending on the $_GET["action"] or can be set.
    ..........page footer
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast