Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customized Title not shown on Admin Home page (ignores template override)

You're editing admin/includes/languages/english.php, which is not an override - it's a core file. You may have overridden it and have a bunch of other things in the override, but if you want to change the title again, you have to remember to edit the core file, not the override. Now you're probably not as forgetful as I am, but for me, this would cause a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth because I would immediately head for the override and forget that I had changed the core file.

Your method works but it doesn't fix the root cause. When I wrote up my approach, I wanted to do it in such a way that it could be incorporated into the product.

Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customized Title not shown on Admin Home page (ignores template override)

Understand now what you are saying and how it applies.

I have to wonder though, how many times one would need or want to change the Admin Title of their site and why it was originally commented out by the developers? Although I cannot see how modifying the core file in this instance would cause a problem, the developers would know better than anyone why it was commented out to begin with.

Plugin Contributions

My suspicion is that it was simply forgotten when the meta stuff was moved around, but you'd have to ask a person on the core team for an authoritative answer. At any rate, people now have two ways of fixing this problem. :)

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps the developers will take a tip from you, Scott, and apply your fix in the next release. Hint Hint

Plugin Contributions

Dunno. Like everything else, it has to be triaged, prioritized, tested, regressed, etc. etc. Every little bit counts in software. :)

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Understand now what you are saying and how it applies.

I have to wonder though, how many times one would need or want to change the Admin Title of their site ...
    I meant to respond to this earlier.

I have a bunch of different copies of ZenCart installed on my test system that I use for trying different configurations, software, etc. and it's nice to at a glance be able to tell which of the oodles of windows I have open is the correct admin page for which zencart system. This is why it was important to me to get this problem resolved.

Scott

i'm in the same boat - i have a couple different stores that i work on (different sites) and having the admin title changed is a definite bonus. true there is no need for a meta_tags file in the admin for most purposes... but having the ability to use the override system for the admin panel should be available.

of course, i might be overlooking the fact that the override system is in place for the admin panel - it's just not used very often??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customized Title not shown on Admin Home page

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    I found that in v1.3.6 I was able to change the Admin Title with just one change.

admin/includes/languages/english.php

line 40
    // removed for meta tags
    // page title
    define('TITLE', 'Admin - Name of Site);
    This is the approach I recommend at the present time.

While swguy's suggestion works, I've found that many folks get confused about which browser session is the right one when both their storefront and their admin are called the same thing.

The final solution will likely be to have a separate define for the admin vs the store. That will be addressed during the admin rewrite.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

that's the approach i've taken - change the line 40 stuff in admin/includes/languages/english.php

i'm just voicing my support for the admin re-write :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [ToDo v1.6] Customized Title not shown on Admin Home page (ignores template overr

This bug is fixed in 1.3.9! Thank you, Zen Cart team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12