Authorize.net (AIM), "The transaction cannot be found." error-- HELP!

ok here's the deal...

I've set up the authorize.net AIM module to work with my authnet login ID and transaction key, and I have set up a shared SSL with my host (Yahoo! -- I know, it sucks, but that's what the owner signed with).

I can test OK with no problems now, but the hold-up is when trying to pass through purchases in production, I get the following error message after trying to confirm Step 3 of checkout:

"The transaction cannot be found. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Have searched the forums and found similar problems, but nothing quite like this. I've gone to authorize.net and set up the response/receipt URLs, changed my transaction key a few times already and I see the bad transactions in my reports showing as "General Error" within Authorize.net, so I know they are receiving data.

What/where is the problem is my quandary, b/c I don't have any inkling of what I can do next, short of getting off of Yahoo! hosting, which is a must I know, but I can't do that until I talk it over with the boss.

What are some fixes I can consider? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Site: http://luvseals-soaps.com/catalog/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net (AIM), "The transaction cannot be found." error-- HELP!

Have you talked to authorize.net tech support?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Default Re: Authorize.net (AIM), "The transaction cannot be found." error-- HELP!

Not yet, but I will shortly. In the meantime, what's all this about CURL? I looked into it, but I'm not certain if that's what I need for my site.

Will keep you posted about my call to authorize.net's Tech Support.

Authorize.net's support tells me that this error is "Error 16", which means that the merchant is not set up correctly.

I'm told that I have to call some company "Comcore", whom I've never heard of, but apparently they set up our merchant account to work with the major CC's (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, etc.), so they should be the ones to fix the problem.

Have left messages with them and with the people who set up my gateway, expect to hear from them shortly...

again, will keep you posted.

SUCCESS!

After an exhaustive day of phone calls with authorize.net, Concord (a.k.a. CTS Holdings) and my sales reps at Pipeline Data, the three of them conferenced this afternoon and figured out the problem and fixed it. My transactions are going through now, both test and production on SSL, which I was able to set up before.

The real problem was on their side-- when I called CTS, the credit card processors, they said that Pipeline Data set us up to have transactions run on the wrong terminal. Pipeline Data denied that it was wrong when I called them on it, but I demanded some sort of resolution so the three companies all had a teleconference to discuss my situation and work it out.

Thankfully it was not an error on my part, but I WILL be changing hosts eventually, as I still don't like having this thing on yahoo. But that's another story...

Thanks mates!

Come on by and get some soap!

http://luvseals-soaps.com

LuvSeals Soaps -- Handmade with the essence of luv

http://catalog.luvseals-soaps.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I recently experienced a similar bit of chaos with Wells Fargo and Authorize.net. Apparently when Wells Fargo created the auth.net account, they missed a step, and left the account in limbo. It took about 6 days and 20 phone calls to finally get the actual sales rep to admit they had made a mistake. Actually, the rep never admitted it, but the person who fixed the errors explained where the problem started.... the rep had neglected to state that certain things were needed etc. Musta been a rookie. Not a good thing when a huge company wants a CC account. Good thing the site was still in development and we started the CC part early. All's good now, and auth.net works great.

Glad to hear you're working now too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.