Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping to Continental US Only?

I've got a problem, I'd like to offer free shipping to all of my customers in the United States except for those lucky enough to live in HI or AK. Is there a way to configure the cart to offer the Free Shipping option to residents of the other 48 states, and present shoppers from AK and HI with a different set of rules?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping to Continental US Only?

Turn on the Free Shipping Options freeoptions Shipping Module ...

Set it to Total >= 0

Build a zone for US 48 States

Add that zone to this shipping module

If you want to not offer any other Shipping Method to the US 48 people ... you need to build a zone of everything except the US 48 ... and add that to your other Shipping Module(s) ...

If the Free Shipping to the US 48 is an option in addition to the other Shipping Module(s) ... then you do not need to add any zone to the other Shipping Module(s) and the customer can choose Free Shipping or one of the other shipping module(s) you offer ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh

Set it to Total >= 0

If you want to not offer any other Shipping Method to the US 48 people ... you need to build a zone of everything except the US 48 ... and add that to your other Shipping Module(s) ...

If the Free Shipping to the US 48 is an option in addition to the other Shipping Module(s) ... then you do not need to add any zone to the other Shipping Module(s) and the customer can choose Free Shipping or one of the other shipping module(s) you offer ...
    Thank you very much, it seems to be behaving as expected. On an entirely unrelated note, when I signed up on the usps web site to start configuring the shipping to Alaska and Hi, they only sent me a userID, and no password. What obvious thing am I overlooking here?

Plugin Contributions

P.S.,

I didn't do the continental US thing as eloquently as you did, but I did modify the gif to read "Continental US" under the "Free Shipping" verbiage.

For my overseas clients, I have a checkbox for shipping surcharge on my sample product page.

Plugin Contributions

For the password, that has become more or less extinct ... just type in ZENCART and it will work for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

Set it to Total >= 0

How do I create a zone for the 48 states?

Plugin Contributions

Merlinpa1969 has a nice post with the SQL inserts for building the 48 States ...

Might have to search a bit for it ...
    Linda McGrath

I've searched and searched and finally found the referenced SQL to create the lower 48 states and DC, so I thought I would post it here in case you need it (like I did): https://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showt...ight=48+states.