Plugin Contributions

Default Quantity Units errors -message. How do I fix it?

Having spent hours researching this and trying to fix it, I am appealing to you tech-savvy folks. I am a brand new user, and also middle-aged. If a test order is placed for only one item of several offered, a yellow warning box appears on the "shopping cart contents page" with the following:Warning Please update your order ...
    Product Name: Small Lot Embroidery Floss B-7,1.5 Oz.,Bright Colors ... Quantity Units errors -
    You ordered a total of: 1 Units: 16 *Mixed Option Values is ON.

I used the developers tool kit search function and found the line of code with "quantity unit errors":

Line #452 : define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_MIX_ON_SHOPPING_CART','*Mixed Option Values is ON<br />');
    How do I fix this? Is it something I am doing wrong when I'm initially listing my items? Thank you in advance.
    my site is starylatka.com

Default Re: Quantity Units errors -message. How do I fix it?

Hi, I have a test account on your site.. you can delete it now. -LL KK-

Sorry, for robbing your stock. You have set the available units to the mixed value, so every time someone orders that particular product, it goes offline because it empties out the stock level. The problem is that you have set "Mixed" to the same quantity as your stock level. So, I only chose "1".. I'm not allowed that value. If you wish, you can set me straight on the way you want it and I can guide you.
    Attempting upgrade and hoping for the best
    www.dogfusion.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your help. What I want it to do is show how many of each item are available, but allow the customer to purchase 1 or more of each item. They can buy them all if they'd like, but can also buy 1,2 3, etc. I guess what I don't know is where I reset the mixed quantity setting. Is it in my admin under configuration? Is it in the code somewhere? Or is something I am putting wrong when I list each individual product? Or is it somewhere else altogether? I've looked all over the place, and the darn thing seems to be hiding from me! Thanks

You're welcome. Okay, I think I know what you want. You may have set your individual products up wrong. You just have to adjust your products and reset the mix.

Individually, edit your products... just before the product description editor, there is the Product Qty settings. For Product Qty Minimum:, set the minimum to "1"(this allows your customers to purchase any quantity of bundles that you may have for purchase). For Product Qty Maximum:, set the maximum to how many available units you have or set to "0"(if you would like to deal in back orders). For [B]Product Qty Units:[B], set to "1" (because you're dealing with single lots that are bundled together). Then, underneath the product description editor, for Products Quantity.. set the number of available bundles that you current have available(I'm sure this is set already right).

So, in short, I think you have mistakenly set the Products Qty Minimum to the same value in Products Quantity.

I hope this helps, if not.. I'm always here.
    www.dogfusion.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much-you are a lifesaver! I messed with it and messed with it yesterday, and changed EVERY number on the product listing except the right one. I fixed one using your advice and it seems to be working now. A glass of your favorite libation to you. dee

You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear of the good news, glad to be of service.
    www.dogfusion.com