Plugin Contributions

Default I can't figure out how to move products from the top level category

I keep seein the error msg - WARNING: You have Products in the Top Level Category. This will cause pricing to not work properly in the Catalog. Products found: 1554

But I can't find a way to move them elsewhere.

I'm using:

Zen Cart 1.3.0.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.1
    v1.3.0.1 [2006-08-05 15:09:56] (Fresh Installation)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't figure out how to move products from the top level category

If this is a new install ... and you only have 1 product ... delete the 1 product ...

Now, make your Category ... and add your product to that category ...

Hint: copy & paste the products_description into your handy dandy NotePad and you don't have to retype it all ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately I have approx 2200 products....1500 of which appear to be in the top level catagory after importing them EasyPopulate...

Plugin Contributions

Could you assign them a categories_id other than 0 and re-import?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, after some investigation I've found that what I'm seeing is the category description not the category at all. I think i'll reimport my categories and try again.

Plugin Contributions

So tell me this... MUST products be in a category? I've had the same warning "You have Products in the Top Level Category" but really I only have 3 or 4 products, and categorizing them seems like an unnecessary step.

Plugin Contributions

It is best to use a Category, regardless as that is how things were designed ...

You can turn off the Categories sidebox and Categories Tabs ... then set in Configuration ... Layout Settings ...

Set to 1:
    Categories - Always Show on Main Page
    Always Show Categories on Main Page
    0= off
    1= on
    Default category can be set to Top Level or a Specific Top Level
    And set the Category to open to, such as 1, just below it:
    Main Page - Opens with Category
    0= Top Level Categories
    Or enter the Category ID#
    Note: Sub Categories can also be used Example: 3_10
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I was getting the same Warning after testing easy populate. I had to open the DB in phpMyAdmin and remove a few rows from the products_to_categories table that referenced a product that didn't exist.

There are quite a few tables used to manage the products and categories, so have a poke around and make sure you don't leave anything that shouldn't be there.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: I can't figure out how to move products from the top level category

I am pretty new to Zen Cart but been doing PHP for a while, so this might sound stupid...but "How do you create a new category"? All I see is Category/Products under Catalog in the admin section and when I am on that page there is no where to create a category, just the add product button?

Plugin Contributions

It was an add-on file put in the wrong directory that messed it up. But I have been working alot of the backend php stuff so going to remove site and re-install and save the files I changed.